“Not Family Friendly”

Kelly's Hotel Dublin
Ranked #94 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
“Not Family Friendly”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

DO NOT reserve if you have children. I haven't actually stayed at Kelly's Hotel. I had reserved a room for April, excited about the location and the reviews. After booking the room, I learned that this hotel DOES NOT allow children. Well I will be traveling with my less 2 yr old son and immediately sent email to inquire about this newly learned information. I was informed that yes in fact they do not allow children for security reasons. I immediately sent another email asking for a full refund and my reservation to be canceled. My reservation was canceled but I am still being charged a booking and deposit fee of €8. This is outrageous and totally unacceptable. Unless someone clicks on their policy link you do not know children aren't welcome until you reserved a room and by then they have charged you. And the frustrating thing is you can actually add a child to reservation in a drop down box. Wow this is very disappointing and not ok service. Will NEVER stay here.

Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Dodgerfan12
Karin P, Manager at Kelly's Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Dodgerfan12
Thanks for your feedback & comments . We have been in touch with our booking engine provider & the drop down option for children has been removed & a full refund has been processed to you.
I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We hope that on another occasion you will choose to bed down with us given our location & on line reviews that influenced your initial decision. Karin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Kent UK
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed for a midweek city break. Great location with many good restaurants and bars within easy walking distance. Room was very clean with a truly superb bed and noise level was acceptable for a street facing aspect. Took the continental breakfast which comprised cereals, fruit, breads, ham and cheese with juice tea or coffee which is served in the adjacent restaurant L'Gueuleton. For late night fun visit The No Name Bar which is part of the same building or indeed Hogans bar which is under Kell's. Will definately make a return trip to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hidden gem has all the charm of a New York style apartment with a hint of Amsterdam cool. The location is perfect for a visit to Dublin as it is on George Street (just above Hogans bar and adjacent to No Name Bar) so you do not have stray far to reach George Street market, Fallon & Byrne, the Famous Grogan Castle pub as well as being a 5 minute walk from Temple Bar, Grafton Street and Camden Street.

The staff are very friendly and helpful and the included breakfast is lovely.

Our room was compact and cosy and faced onto the main George Street therefore, there was a bit of noise later on from stray revellers making their way home. We are heavy sleepers so this nose did not disturb us but I can imagine light sleepers may have a problem at the weekend, so probably best to request an internal room or one that faces on to Fade Street.

Kellys offers great value for money and I will definitely be staying there during all future visits to the fair city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Karin P, Manager at Kelly's Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Hi Cathy, Thanks for posting ....You Got It!
We look forward to welcoming you soon have you stayed in the Penthouse yet?
Karin
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This hotel is located above a bar on a very popular street so it will be nosier than a remote country hotel. However given its location everyone will want to come and meet you .
The rooms are small and clean but have everything you need and I think for the price you get great value. The beds are really comfortable
The staff, where wonderful in particular Lina ( Lene) on the front desk. They really made one feel that we were more than a number passing through.

For sight seeing and shopping it is great as you are within walking distance of everything. Once you have finished your tourist day out there are a number of great places to eat on the doorstep of the Hotel.

If you have in Dublin to enjoy yourself then getting sleep before the pubs close will not be an issue .

Room Tip: Quieter rooms at the back I moved room and got a good nights sleep .
1 Thank swissheidi2006
Longford, Ireland
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The room was spotless, bed very very comfortable which is most important for me. Check in was so painless, just in give me the keys and gone, love not messing around.
A few niggles; shower was a bit on the small side, no channels on the telly and yes the noise was a bit mad on Sat night however I cannot hold this against the hotel, it's above one of the busy pubs in dublin on one of the busiest streets so that's expected and you are supplied with earplugs.
All in all will def stay here again, this will be my dublin go to!

4 Thank RosieSmall_11
Karin P, Manager at Kelly's Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Hi Rosie
We love you! Thank you for the compliments ...... You Got It.
Please let us know when you wish to return the best shower is The Penthouse
Glad you like the location see you soon Karin
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Two parts to this review..... first the not so good.... We stayed 2 nights here. The first night was in a normal room...... way too small. I am not a huge guy, (6'0", 230) but I could barely fit in the shower. The room was almost claustrophobic. So, on the off chance I upgraded our next night to the penthouse / loft. AMAZING! Truly large enough for 4 people..... Since it was just my wife and I we each had our own room for sleeping since I tend to snore after drinking, and alas we were in Dublin! The shower was the best I have ever seen. probably 20 ft. long, hallway type thing, with a glass panel on one side. Two huge rainfall shower heads. This room is by far the BEST room we have ever stayed in in Europe.

The staff was amazing, so friendly! Please re read what I said..... the normal rooms are in no way bad or the hotels fault.... they were just small. It is a boutique hotel so just know that usually you can have small rooms..... not a big deal, but I promise..... shell out a few more Euro and GET THE PENTHOUSE.

Excellent location, close to everything and for the traveler that is there a while... there is a laundromat two doors down.

Also walk out the door to the left, next street, take a left and walk down the the "Hairy Lemon" awesome pub.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Barnum1974
Karin P, Manager at Kelly's Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Hey 1974 ......WOH!
The BEST IN EUROPE
We are thrilled you got our style. We believe the Penthouse is Special
Kellys is in a great location with both The Hairy Lemon ,The Bar With No Name Hogans & The Long Haul all on our doorstep.
Thank you for your compliment we are all smiling today! Karin
Scotland
Reviewed November 13, 2012

A friend recommended this place and we knew before hand about some of the other reviewers concerns regarding noise. I think it unfair for people to say the hotel is just rooms above a bar; the rooms are of a very high standard and have the most comfortable bed I have ever been in. Yes it is above one of the most famous and lively venues in Dublin and so people do need to be aware. This is Dublin's upmarket, party district and if you are not in need of an early night you have the best choice of venues for meals and drinks as well as being very central for sightseeing.The staff were also very friendly and helpful and that makes a huge difference I feel.