“Loved it!”

Kelly's Hotel Dublin
Ranked #95 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The room was spotless, bed very very comfortable which is most important for me. Check in was so painless, just in give me the keys and gone, love not messing around.
A few niggles; shower was a bit on the small side, no channels on the telly and yes the noise was a bit mad on Sat night however I cannot hold this against the hotel, it's above one of the busy pubs in dublin on one of the busiest streets so that's expected and you are supplied with earplugs.
All in all will def stay here again, this will be my dublin go to!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank RosieSmall_11
Karin P, Manager at Kelly's Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Hi Rosie
We love you! Thank you for the compliments ...... You Got It.
Please let us know when you wish to return the best shower is The Penthouse
Glad you like the location see you soon Karin

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Two parts to this review..... first the not so good.... We stayed 2 nights here. The first night was in a normal room...... way too small. I am not a huge guy, (6'0", 230) but I could barely fit in the shower. The room was almost claustrophobic. So, on the off chance I upgraded our next night to the penthouse / loft. AMAZING! Truly large enough for 4 people..... Since it was just my wife and I we each had our own room for sleeping since I tend to snore after drinking, and alas we were in Dublin! The shower was the best I have ever seen. probably 20 ft. long, hallway type thing, with a glass panel on one side. Two huge rainfall shower heads. This room is by far the BEST room we have ever stayed in in Europe.

The staff was amazing, so friendly! Please re read what I said..... the normal rooms are in no way bad or the hotels fault.... they were just small. It is a boutique hotel so just know that usually you can have small rooms..... not a big deal, but I promise..... shell out a few more Euro and GET THE PENTHOUSE.

Excellent location, close to everything and for the traveler that is there a while... there is a laundromat two doors down.

Also walk out the door to the left, next street, take a left and walk down the the "Hairy Lemon" awesome pub.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Barnum1974
Karin P, Manager at Kelly's Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Hey 1974 ......WOH!
The BEST IN EUROPE
We are thrilled you got our style. We believe the Penthouse is Special
Kellys is in a great location with both The Hairy Lemon ,The Bar With No Name Hogans & The Long Haul all on our doorstep.
Thank you for your compliment we are all smiling today! Karin

Reviewed November 13, 2012

A friend recommended this place and we knew before hand about some of the other reviewers concerns regarding noise. I think it unfair for people to say the hotel is just rooms above a bar; the rooms are of a very high standard and have the most comfortable bed I have ever been in. Yes it is above one of the most famous and lively venues in Dublin and so people do need to be aware. This is Dublin's upmarket, party district and if you are not in need of an early night you have the best choice of venues for meals and drinks as well as being very central for sightseeing.The staff were also very friendly and helpful and that makes a huge difference I feel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Booked at Kelly's for the central location and all the amenities around, lot's of restaurants, bars and many attractions.
Kelly's was a hotel within the price range that we wished to pay and was fine with friendly staff, the only comment regarding the room was that there was no wardrobe space, all on hangers on hooks, but we got by as we didn't take many clothes for our three day trip.
Although our room was quiet I could imagine that it could be noisy at weekends and if full as we did have people above us on 1 night and at the side of us on another night and they could be heard, luckily we always carry ear plugs.
Overall our stay was pleasant and although we probably would choose another hotel if we went again having see the big name hotels and what they had to offer on a like for like basis, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Would imagine it could be noisy at weekends but I could be wrong, I wouldn't chance it. Rooms c...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Allan S
Thanks for reviewing, Kellys is an independent boutique hotel in a great location,located in Dublin's "Creative Quarter". There is a good selection of venues,restaurants bars & cafes on surrounding streets,this is the hip & cool entertainment district & can be busy late at night.
Our beds are so cosy (& we supply earplugs in each room) The rooms are designed for city break style use. There are wardrobes available if guests request a room with such Breakfast is served in l'Gueuleton round on Fade St. We strive to offer a discrete personalised house guest experience..........Karin

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I chose this hotel because it was close to the location of an evening business meeting I had to go to and near good shopping. I didn't realise, till I got there, that it was above one of Dublin's busiest pubs and in the buzziest area for nightlife. I loved the friendly receptionists, the quirky bar (which was a great place to work in the afternoon), and though the room was pretty basic it was big, clean and stylish and the bed was very comfortable. I had a great night's sleep though I'd imagine at weekends the street-facing room would be noisy and I was woken early by the beer delivery below. I enjoyed my stay, but for weekenders wanting to go clubbing and bar-hopping, it's perfect. I'll be back with my party shoes on next time!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank tipsynewt
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed overnight after a friend's birthday party. Room was small but cosy. I had such a great night sleep as the bed was the most comfortable I've experienced in a hotel and it had a propper duvet! Staff were great. I can't fault this place.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glittergee

Hi Glittergee
A good night sleep is essential ! We have 15 rooms and the Penthouse all with the same great beds and "real " Duvets. Glad you enjoyed the experience see you soon Karin

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I surprised my partner with a nights stay in Kellys Hotel on a friday night in Seprtember 2012.We both really enjoyed our stay.Our room was clean and simply furnished with a very comfortable bed.The hotel is ideally located in the heart of the city centre so for a staycation particularly it felt very indulgent to stay so centrally.We had dinner at l"gueleton,which was gorgeous and reasonably priced! The hotel is great for couples or friends going out on the tiles and not planning an early night in.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple