$268
Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)
$209
$240
  • Restaurant
Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$230
$138
$408
Croke Park Hotel
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree dinnertrinity collegetemple bargreat locationcommon roomcommunal kitchenbed dormprivate bathroomclean roomscentral locationwould stay againbedscerealbackpackerspubsguinness
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had a great stay at Times Hostel, everything was just perfect, the heating system, the hot showers, the room etc.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.

Overall, we had an awesome time. I would definitely go back :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed here in May 2014. I didn't realise that I was staying over in a bank holiday weekend in Ireland. The Times Hostel was one of the cheapest places I could find as the prices were sky were high. I haven't stayed in a hostel before so I was a little nervous as I thought it was going to be a hole but I was very surprised. I arrived very early and greeted by a lovely girl on reception. There was no problem at all with leaving our baggage until we could check in.
The room was basic, but that was expected. Clean enough though. The shower was amazing! I have found previously that showers in hotels never get very hot and can be quite poor but this one was fantastic! Very powerful and very hot, just what you needed after a busy day walking around Dublin!!
The breakfast wasn't bad either. Again basic, with toast, cereal and fruit but for the price you cant complain.
Great location as well, right at the top of Temple bar, with Doyles pub next door for a drink. Really central.
My only complaint is they could have a mirror in the bedroom area. Trying to dry my hair with dryer plugged in a socket in the bedroom and using a mirror in the bathroom was difficult.

Word of warning : It can get very noisy here though as its full of young backpackers ect and we did have one morning when someone was banging on doors at 5am even though the hostel asks you to be quiet after 11pm !!

I would stay here again though.

Room Tip: Be prepaid for noise !!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Enjoyed a pleasant stay at the Times Hostel - College Street, with a big group of friends on a stag do.

The location is perfect as you are right in the city centre, allowing quick access to restaurants, shops, bars and clubs amongst the more famous sites. The service from the staff was flawless, with a big thank you to Leah who was one of the most helpful and friendly customer assistants I have had the pleasure of dealing with.

Our group was staying in 2 separate rooms which I both found to be clean, tidy and in perfectly acceptable conditions for a hostel. What little sleep we managed each (very late) night was on basic but comfy and clean beds There was also a selection of food put out for breakfast/lunch, free WIFI and lockable storage for bags.

For the location, service and price it represents good value for money and I would gladly go back if I was looking to keep costs down for a future visit to Dublin.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Perfect Location in the very center of Dublin.
The rooms, bathrooms and entire hostel are cleaned every day.

Big kitchen, with a lot of plates, bowls, and all necessary cooking equipment (microwave, kettles...), but not enough forks ! Big fridges and frizzers with a lot of space inside are available.
Big Tables, but not enough (and old) chairs.
Free coffe, tea and chocolate every day. Free events on the night (dinner, ice cream, cheese and wine or sangria).

All the people you will meet are very friendly, and the reception staff is amazing.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo