Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)
$340
$317
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$181
$164
$124
Croke Park Hotel
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

Sandymount Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$146
$119
$197
$190
Official Site
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree dinnertrinity collegetemple bargreat locationcommon roomcommunal kitchenbed dormprivate bathroomcentral locationwould stay againbedscerealbackpackerspubsguinness
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Enjoyed a pleasant stay at the Times Hostel - College Street, with a big group of friends on a stag do.

The location is perfect as you are right in the city centre, allowing quick access to restaurants, shops, bars and clubs amongst the more famous sites. The service from the staff was flawless, with a big thank you to Leah who was one of the most helpful and friendly customer assistants I have had the pleasure of dealing with.

Our group was staying in 2 separate rooms which I both found to be clean, tidy and in perfectly acceptable conditions for a hostel. What little sleep we managed each (very late) night was on basic but comfy and clean beds There was also a selection of food put out for breakfast/lunch, free WIFI and lockable storage for bags.

For the location, service and price it represents good value for money and I would gladly go back if I was looking to keep costs down for a future visit to Dublin.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Perfect Location in the very center of Dublin.
The rooms, bathrooms and entire hostel are cleaned every day.

Big kitchen, with a lot of plates, bowls, and all necessary cooking equipment (microwave, kettles...), but not enough forks ! Big fridges and frizzers with a lot of space inside are available.
Big Tables, but not enough (and old) chairs.
Free coffe, tea and chocolate every day. Free events on the night (dinner, ice cream, cheese and wine or sangria).

All the people you will meet are very friendly, and the reception staff is amazing.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had a room for four with old bunk beds that reminded me of the beds we had in the finnish army, and even they were more comfortable.

The springs in the mattresses kept pushing into my stomach and legs while i tried to sleep, the bathroom was filthy and old. The room had windows towards the street so we could hear every drunk irishman / tourist outside, and also all the traffic.

The plumbing must have been ancient since it smelled like sewer pipes when we opened the door the first time.

The staff however were very friendly and helpful and that really is the only plus side.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Having enjoyed staying in various European hostels, we and another couple thought we would try the Times Hostel in order to avoid the overpriced hotels elsewhere in Dublin. In hindsight, we should have paid the extra money to stay elsewhere. Anywhere else!

Having checked in, we followed the rabbit warren of stairs and corridors to find our room. We found a cold and tired looking room, similar to those you'd expect asylum seekers to be staying in. The bathroom was grubby and the toilet was not securely attached to the floor. A former occupant's deodorant bottle and sweet wrappers were left on the window sill. The dirty, worn and uncomfortable bed had neither mattress protector nor pillow cases. There was no way we would risk sleeping without pillow cases in this place! I asked at reception and was told they were waiting for a delivery and would bring the pillow cases up as soon as they arrive.

We went out for the afternoon and on return the pillow cases hadn't arrived. Once again, reception promised to bring them up later. Naturally, they didn't arrive but having seen the pile of fresh linen in reception on return at 10pm, I asked and was given them. As it was quite late, by this stage my wife was using a towel instead.

After a terrible night's sleep on the awful bed, we decided to stay unwashed rather than risk a shower in the filthy bathroom. Our friends had an equally awful night, with other drunken residents knocking their door throughout the night.

On to breakfast...served in a kitchen that reminds you of the worst student accommodation. As others have mentioned, there are dirty, sticky tables, a stench of rubbish and you even have to wash your own plates. Having watched the despair of the other customers - one of whom removed their dental braces over the "buffet" food!!! - we advised our friends not to bother, and went for breakfast elsewhere.

Thankfully, we ony had to stay for one night and it was a real relief to check out of the worst hostel we have ever experienced. The receptionist didn't bother asking whether we enjoyed our stay, which really sums up the place. The owners probably think they can get with this as everywhere else in Dublin is so expensive but this place leaves you feeling robbed however much you pay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top of the stairs have fewer drunkards knocking on your door in the middle of the night.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My stay here was by far the worst hostel experience that I've had and I would strongly advise that you stay somewhere—ANYWHERE—else. My friends and I switched into a private four-person room on the second day of our stay, and shortly afterwards I got into bed to take a quick nap while they were out. First of all, our room hadn't been cleaned yet (though we had already checked in), so the maid came in to clean while I was laying down. After listening to her bang around our bathroom for about 20 minutes, she pulled my wallet out of my purse that was hanging off my bed and I opened my eyes to see her rifling through my cash. When I confronted her she grabbed my hands and wrists and flung herself in front of the door in an attempt to barricade it and keep me from going down to the front desk. The reception staff was very helpful and took immediate action to send the girl home and keep us updated, but when we expressed that we didn’t feel that our things were safe from their staff in our private room, they simply suggested that we pack up and bring our suitcases up down the few flights of stairs every time we left the hostel. This is not what we agreed to pay for when we booked a private room, and when I asked for a refund for the next few nights, the manager refused to speak with me over the phone and then was extremely rude once he finally agreed to hear me out. He eventually credited me for the upcoming evenings that I wouldn’t be staying there anymore, but he definitely didn’t give it up without a fight. Seriously, don’t bother with this hostel—it was not at all worth it.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends