All reviewstrinity collegetemple bargreat locationcommon roombed dormfree breakfastprivate bathroomclean roomscentral locationwould stay againbedscerealbackpackerspubs
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at the Times Hostel in Dublin for a couple of nights in May. We had a great time because our private room was very clean, with plenty of space. The location of the hostel was great because it was close to Trinity College and within close walking distance of Temple bar. The only complaint we had is that we didn't get to meet people at the hostel because they would have one activity a day but it was always during busy touristy times for us, like around 7pm when we would be getting ready to go do something or we would already be out doing something, I would prefer in the morning or early afternoon. Other than that, the staff were all very friendly and welcoming filled with awesome info!

Room Tip: Our room was great however, we were staying in a private room next to dorm style rooms and when people would come home around 4am they'd be very loud.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Positive - Great Location, Staff, a lot of information what to do and see, i choosed a 4 beds dorm with private WC, for me was perfect. The internet worked ok and I for sure recommend this hostel and will return!

Negative -What I didnt like was in the room is only one lamp in the ceiling and none individual like in others hostels, when you want to read or else, you have to disturb other guests if they were sleeping....... Another thing is the lockers, they arent lockers but open iron baskets were others can see what you have and arent safe, because even if you use a lock, small stuff that you have could be easily reached by others. Even is an Hostel, in the breakfast could be more quality juices and more fresh fruit, not only bananas (was the same in my 3 days).

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed at The Times Hostel for 5 days during our holidays in Ireland and I absolutely tip this hostel to anyone would like to experience Dublin. The position is perfect,2 minutes walk from TempleBar and close to everything. The staff were extremely friendly and everything was tidy and clean. A great place to stay!

Alessandro and Lucia

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have stayed in hostels in various parts of the world, but this was the most disappointing of the lot. Not because it wasn't clean, convenient, and good value in many ways - it was all those things. But the rabbit warren nature of the premises makes socialising as a solo traveller very difficult - there is no real central meeting area. I was unlucky in that three of my roomies were long-term guests (language students) and already in a strong friendship group with each other. I hardly saw them, less so any of the other people who drifted in and out of this 8-bed room. They were likes ghosts. The member of staff who greeted me when I arrived was friendly, but gave me next to no information about the hostel or its environs. Also, the rooms are way too hot - zero ventilation - ugh, not nice. Upshot - I never felt very comfortable or welcome, and checked out two days early.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed at the times hostel on college street in october of 2011. I'm a young woman and was travelling by myself for the first time. This was one of the first hostels i stayed in and it was fantastic. I stayed in both the 12 and 4 person mixed gender rooms [when travelling back to dublin from other parts of europe i chose to stay here again!]. Both times i felt extremely safe, the rooms and bathrooms were very clean, there was great security with very large cages under the beds [byo lock!] and the vast majority of people staying were young like minded groups. And you really couldn't ask for a better location!

The staff were excellent both times i stayed, they were able to answer all my questions, were extremely helpful in booking taxis for me and were very friendly! It's definitely great value for money.

The only downsides to the hostel would be having to use the stairs as there are no elevators, so if you don't pack light be prepared to possibly have to lug your things to the top floor. And the internet connection, on my first stay i had access in my room, but during my second stay [on a different floor] i was only able to connect when i was in the common room area, there is however ample seating for anyone who wants to sit in the common room and access the internet!

Room Tip: The smaller rooms are a lot more private and darker [with fewer windows] then the larger dorm rooms, so if you need peace, quiet and a dark room to sleep, it's worth paying the extra $10
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo