“Great first hostel experience”

Times Hostels - College Street
Ranked #17 of 106 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Salzburg, Austria
“Great first hostel experience”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This wast the fist time I stayed in a hostel, stayed in a private room and everything was great. Super nice staff, room not that big but clean, friendly atmosphere, free activities - welcome drinks, city tour (which was real fun!), pancakes, dinner. Also location was amazing, just meters from Temple Bar area, which comes with some street noise, they gave me free ear plugs at the redecptio but I didn't need them in the end. Can definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I did not stay here but I lost my bank card and when I was desperate to call home the dtaffer was super friendly, very helpful and went above and beyhond by letting me use their skype phone for free so I could get in contanct with friends and family. They have tons of infomation and are just the nicest people I have met so far! Highly recommend this hostel!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Victoria W
Greece
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Staff was just ok, breakfast very limited in options, But the hostel was super clean, very cheap prices, confortable beds, awesome location (very central and close to temple bar) and great atmosphere from other people who stayed there as well. Oh, and free coffee, tea and hot chocolate 24/7 in the kitchen !!!

• Stayed November 2011
USA
Reviewed November 13, 2011

The location can not be beat. Right near trinity college, close to the temple bar, close to the train and bus stations. For that reason alone, I would recommend staying here as a first time visit to Dublin.

I had a private room. The only thing I did not like was the bed - it was like sleeping in a hot dog bun. I wish they would just replace that mattress. The bathroom was clean - which was sufficient.

The front desk staff is very helpful and there are plenty of free events at the hostel ( I did not take advantage of any of them).

I will return to Dublin again, but I will not stay here since I prefer to stay somewhere more comfortable. I don't think there are other options in the Trinity College area, but there are plenty in the adjacent area. I'll keep looking....

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank TravelSpicy
latestviking, General Manager at Times Hostels - College Street, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Thanks for your feedback. We're happy you enjoyed our location - being right in the middle of all Dublin's city life. As for your room, you were in a twin (two single beds) and following your feedback we will check the mattresses in the room. Just remember we're happy to move your room if you are not happy with things (perhaps you would have preferred a double with a bigger bed?). Just ask our reception.
We hope you check us out next time you're in town.
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Me and my husband stayed at The Times recently and were extremely impressed with out stay! The location is fantastic, just a short stumble from Temple Bar and just across the road Trinity College and main bus stops for sight seeing tours and airport transfers. The staff were incredibly helpful and even stored out luggage for us after we checked out,so we didn't have to carry them around all day.
The room itself was basic, but very clean and comfortable, with an ensuite bathroom which is nicer than some of the hotels we have stayed at! To say there were so many guests at the hotel, we didn't experience any problems with noise during the night and had an very enjoyable stay! We will definitely be staying here again in future visits to Dublin!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your feedback and nice words! Hope to see you again next time you are in town.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 26, 2011

as far as hostels go the staff were exceptionally helpful. Always someone at reception and staff always happy to lend a hand. Location was very central. Great for buses and shuttles and just away from the noisey pubs and traffic. Very accommodating and knowledgeable of area around them and afar. Kitchen was well set up and there was a free meal night on Wednesday. Included was breakfast each morning.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 23, 2011

One of the top reasons for choosing this hostel is the location. It is right on College St, which is across the street from Trinity College. Also, located in the area of Temple Bar, O'Connell St, and Grafton St. The AirCoach bus stop is nearby, just walk across the block. Check-in wasn't until 2pm, but we were able to leave our bags in the locked luggage room. We had booked a double room. The only bad thing I can mention was the flights of stairs we had to carry our luggage up. We were on the very top floor, which did have an upside to it (no loud student noise). As far as the service, it was good...basically what you would expect from a hostel. Lastly, the room was great for a hostel. Since we booked the double room, we had our own bathroom (which is always nice when you don't have to share with messy people). The bed was ok and the bathroom and sleeping area was clean and just the right size. If you don't plan on living in your room and are in Dublin for a good time, I would definitely recommend this place. If you want a more quiet, modern place with all the basic hotel amenities, stay else where. It was a great value and great price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple