“Fake Crab Cakes”

Cafe Carlo
Ranked #1,102 of 2,640 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Just opposite the famous Dublin Spire on O'Connell Street in Dublin city center, Café Carlo - an ambient gem of an eatery specializing in a delicious fusion of Irish & international cuisine. The relaxed and intimate setting of Carlo's Restaurant, coupled with its high-quality, reasonably priced food and friendly, attentive staff has made this restaurant a huge favorite with Dublin diners. Not only is it a popular choice with visitors to Dublin City, it's also found a place in the hearts of the discerning locals, who return time and again to soak up the Carlo's atmosphere and enjoy some genuinely delicious food.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I went to this restaurant and I wated more than 25 min to someone get my order. When I said that I had voucher, they looked to me like I don't have money to pay.
I ordered a crab cake and I noted that was not made with crab and was fish. They took my plate immediately and asked me if I wanted change my order because that was the only crab cake that they had. So I ordered a Steak and waited more 20 min. The waitress very nervous told me that the owner / Chef prepare the crab cakes with fish to make more money.
After this I paid and tryed to talk with him but he didn't answer my questions and went out to smoke.
This moment I saw how dirty the kitchen was.
Terrible and dishonest place!

1  Thank Myckron
There are newer reviews for Cafe Carlo

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We ate at cafe Carlo tonight and liked it! The staff was friendly enough, price may have been a bit more then I think it should have been, but o well, still not bad. The food was GREAT and I would definitely go back! :)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Have been here now 3 times (using voucehrs). Very nice food, good value and friendly staff. It's a little cramped when full, but I'd prefer that to some other places with tumbleweed !! We had their famous steak on a stone, and it's so popular that the smoke alarms went off LOL Would deffo go back !

1  Thank Ritz OH
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Bought a voucher for Cafe Carlo on dealpage at a very good rate so was expecting a tiny portioned dinner but this was not the case at all. Ordered the steak on the stone for main which really tasty and a good size. The staff were lovely too. Only slight negative is the decor and size of restaurant,it's a little cramped but all and all had a fab meal at a great price!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went to this restaurant because it was near our hotel and we liked what we saw on the menu posted on their website. Well, don’t believe everything that you see on their website. We were in the mood for pizza and their website offered more than a dozen toppings. In actuality, they only have about 4 different pizzas, and the basic pizza is one Euro higher than advertised on the web.The manager informed us that the menu he handed us is what they are currently offering, and that what you see on the website is out of date.

The tables are very cramped. The service that night was just OK. Regarding the pizza - I convinced the manager to add goat cheese (for a price) to the basic pizza, but it arrived with no more than a small spoonful of goat cheese. The crust was tough and we weren’t able to cut it with a knife; we had to pick up the slices and eat by hand. I'm sure that you could find something better in the area.

1  Thank TLHTooter