“Great Food”

Cafe Carlo
Ranked #1,102 of 2,640 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Just opposite the famous Dublin Spire on O'Connell Street in Dublin city center, Café Carlo - an ambient gem of an eatery specializing in a delicious fusion of Irish & international cuisine. The relaxed and intimate setting of Carlo's Restaurant, coupled with its high-quality, reasonably priced food and friendly, attentive staff has made this restaurant a huge favorite with Dublin diners. Not only is it a popular choice with visitors to Dublin City, it's also found a place in the hearts of the discerning locals, who return time and again to soak up the Carlo's atmosphere and enjoy some genuinely delicious food.
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great lunch here highly recommend the chicken wings and the carbonara pasta.Service was very quick and the meal was great value.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Carlo

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I was in this restaurant a couple of times, but went yesterday and the service was really bad, it took 35 min to someone get our ordes, they should hire a better team to work.... Food is always good though, but a big lack of customer service I wont be back in while. And if you are thinking going with any sort of voucher dont, they treat you as a second class look and attitude.

2  Thank James C
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Great little place on O'Connel St, wonderful food, fantastic value and brilliant service.

Had the sea bass - it was fresh and cooked perfectly (not easy to find in Dublin).

Wine list is limited but cheap and good.

Service is an added bonus, we had Micheal from Slovakia - he's a great character and guided us well.

Just do it.

1  Thank Pjmdublin
Reviewed May 31, 2013

we were in Dublin for a hen party and made a reservation here which was done through the hotel but unfortunately Carlo's didnt know anything about it. the head waiter was great and managed to fit us in (party of 10) and was very apologetic. most of us ordered pizzas and they were really tasty and big! some people ordered pasta which tasted good but smaller portion sizes. overall great customer service and good food at resonable prices.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've been to this restaurant at least three times.
The first time, it was for steak on the stone - It was lovely, perfect piece of meat, nice wine, and everything was fine.
The second time, well the steak had been so good I went for it again. This time the meat was not good. It was chewy, and fatty.
The last time I went there, it was for a two course lunch. Now, I can't remember what I had, but I remember the portions were definitely not adequate, and I remember being made feel like we were second class citizens because we'd bought a voucher for this lunch. The service wasn't good either.
They seem to be always rushed in there, and not very friendly. though I don't necessarily blame the staff personally.
Either way, I know I won't be going back.