“Excellent Tour”

Ranked #28 of 221 Tours in Dublin
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Excellent Tour”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I went on the 9-day tour at the beginning of June. Overall, this was a great way to see Ireland, especially for someone on a budget. I got to skip the stress of planning and of driving around Ireland (some of those roads are killer) and going with a tour allowed me to get to know my fellow travellers. Our guide Barry's local knowledge meant that we got to see things that we probably wouldn't have travelling independently. It was definitely a tour that focused on nature, which was just what I was looking for. We did walk around the cities a bit, mostly in the evening, but if the cities are your focus, you'll want to go on your own.

The hostels were adequate, nothing exceptional, but there's always the upgrade option for those with a bit more money, though I will note some of the B&B locations were not as central as the hostel locations. The breakfasts provided consisted of toast and cereal (sometimes just toast) so I recommend visiting a grocery story in the evenings to pick up something for breakfast. It's also a great way to save money on lunch and dinner, though you'll want to eat out at least some of the time and try the local foods. And whether you drink or not, don't pass up the local bars with their live Irish music.

Our tour guide and driver was Barry. He was a great guide. Very knowledgeable, good sense of humour, and took pride in going the extra mile. I especially love listening to him tell the myths and stories of Ireland. The schedule was malleable to a degree, depending on our preferences, because the 9 days gave us some extra time.

The tour group was great too. There were only thirteen of us for the first half and we really bonded as a group. The smaller bus is definitely superior to the larger bus. If you can manage it, definitely go for a tour with less people.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Awesome!!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I took an all Ireland tour in March 2011 with my mum and dad. We had a fabulous 6 day all Ireland tour the week of St. Pats with beautiful weather. Our guide Conrad was amazing and funny. The tour was well organized with plenty to keep us busy but time to ourselves as well. We took the "luxury" option and stayed in very comfortable B&B's. My favorite was the beautiful new B&B in Annascaul. We were the first ones to stay!! Amazing horseback riding in Galway, the Cliffs of Mohr and the Giants Causeway. Just a few of many amazing sites on our trip. Don't hesitate to take this trip, they do all the driving and very little is extra. Almost everything is included except your eats! Have a grand Adventure with Paddy Wagon! :D

Visited August 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“PAUL IS AMAZEBALLS!!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I've been staying in Cork this month as part of a creative writing workshop with the University of New Orleans. We had three Paddywagon drivers. Freddy was pretty cool with his stuffed friend Stevie on the trip from Cork to Dublin. I forget the second guy's name from Dublin back to Cork as I was terribly exhausted and tuned out with my music while napping most of the way. However, on our trip around County Cork with stops in Cobh, Blarney Castle, and Kinsale, we had Paul. Paul was the best. He gave us some information about the places we drove through and played some great Irish music. In Kinsale, I finished my exploring early and went back on the bus. I napped for a little bit, but then went back to the front of the bus to talk to him. He was great to talk to and gave me some information on music and shows around Cork that I might be interested in. He also showed me and some of the other ladies that got back on the bus early the best YouTube video. It was an animated music video by the Corrigan Brothers called "There's No One As Irish As Barack OBama." When we were all back on the bus ready to go home, he played the song on the speakers for everyone to enjoy. He definitely went above and beyond his job to make sure we had a good time on a cloudy, misty, and very long day in County Cork. If you are going on a Paddywagon tour, ask for Paul because Paul is amazeballs.
^_^

1 Thank slayer_comma_the
Warragul, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Go with the flow”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I didn't realise that the dorms would be mixed, as a lady aver 60 I didn't mind the nice scenery but I'm not sure that the reverse was the case, also in some hostels we were in accommodation shared with independent travellers. I would have preferred to share only with fellow paddywagoners, however paddy wagon do have an upgrade which I suppose would avoid this but I had so much fun with my fellow hostellers. It is outstanding value for money and I found the drivers fun and flexible. Different tours join and leave the party but there seems to be a shared fondness and tolerance of each other. The tour guides seem to have some flexibility in their program's which gives the tourists lucky enough to have the 'go with the flow' attitude a truly unique and genuine Irish Experience.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Paddywagon tours - well worth it!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We really enjoyed Aaron's 3 day tour of Southern Ireland! The sights were amazing.
Aaron was a great tour guide - funny and helpful. Also bent over backwards for us when we decided we wanted to upgrade to B&B for the second night.

Would recommend these tours to anyone who wants to see Ireland's beautiful sights and learn things about this awesome place :)

1 Thank Amanda M