“what a trip”

East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“what a trip”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

this is the most awesome tour i've been on. your driver Mark was a legend and the the tour was amazing. Learn't alot on this 9 day tour and the facilities and staff were great. Big up to paddywagon tours don't stop doing a great job.

1 Thank Duane S

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Happy days!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

For the duration of my 14-day trip in Ireland, I stayed mainly in Paddywagon hostels in Dublin, Belfast, Derry and Annascaul. The hostels were clean and the staff was very friendly. I shared dorm rooms with other students from my university. We always had at least 2 rooms all for ourselves and appreciated that Paddywagon allowed us this privacy and comfort: we were not mixed in with other travellers. The Paddy's Palaces offered great accommodation. We had access to several showers, free Wi-Fi, breakfast and we were able to cook all our meals together at the hostel (which meant that the cost of our meals in Ireland was very low). Overall I was very happy with my trip. We were on an all-around-Ireland tour where we had our own 16-seater bus, and we had the same driver (Gabriel) for the duration of the trip. We became very close to Gabe and I recommend you ask for him because you're sure to have a good time! When I return to Ireland, and I most certainly will, I will definitely stay at Paddy's Palace again!

Idaho
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Wicklow and Kilkenny - and Marc”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We took the day-long tour of Wicklow and Kilkenny with Marc as our driver. It was a good trip, even though it was a foggy/rainy day. I wish Marc would have given us the full 2 1/2 hours in Kilkenny, as was advertised in the brochure, because it was an interesting little town with much to see. Two hours was certainly not enough time. We would suggest cutting out the "ancient gravesite" at the Brownhill Dolmen stop - as it is really only a big rock piled on top of three smaller rocks. Nothing to see there. Perhaps you could find an old castle or ruins or something more interesting - or just add that time to Kilkenny. Marc was a fine driver and knew lots of interesting facts about the areas we visited. Our favorite stop was the "St. Kevin's Way" stop at Glendalough. It was like something out of "Lord of the Rings." Very atmospheric and evocative. We did have one side note just to Marc - and we know this is none of our business - but you have five fine sons who will NEED their Dad for the next 50 years. . . please stop smoking.

Preston, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Paddy wagon three day tour south Ireland”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

What an amazing experience , our guide Shaun was fantastic, impressive historical knowledge, great laugh, could put out a good tune! Definitely made our trip all the more memorable. We had great weather, accommodation was good too. Shaun directed us to good evening entertainment and places for great local food. Would highly recommend a paddy wagon tour to anyone aged 18-100, they make everyone welcome!! We also used the free shuttle bus to the airport, which was a great saving. HAPPY DAYS!! Thanks Shaun

Greenock, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“PADDYWAGON TOUR JUNE 2013”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just back from a five night, six day tour of Southern Ireland with Paddywagon. The tour exceeded our expectations in every way. Our driver and guide, Gabriel, told us lots of stories about the history of the Irish people. He sang Irish songs and ballads, played Irish music on the bus and now and again spoke in his native Irish tounge. It was like having our own personal entertainer on board, something I think is unique to Paddywagon. Lots of tours will give commentary but this was all delivered to us with such passion and wit that he had us laughing and crying and feeling thoroughly entertained the whole time. The itinerary was excellent, covering the most beautiful parts of Southern Ireland and we had some great nights at local pubs. Our B&B accommodation was of a good standard (we chose not to stay at the hostels as our party of eight included some more senior members). I would thoroughly recommend this trip and commend Paddywagon for making this a trip to remember, leaving us all with lovely memories.

1 Thank carrieconnell