“The best meat!”

Ranked #30 of 2,638 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Dublin's original steakhouse with the experience and knowledge of over 25 years of serving the perfect steak. We change our menus each season to reflect the best that Irish produce has to offer and to ensure the highest quality of local fresh seafood. We offer an informed wine list to meet all budgets and an extensive selection of cocktails and spirits. We are also open for weekday for lunch serving health and tasty dishes at very reasonable prices. The way in which we guarantee the highest quality in beef in both texture and flavour is by choosing Irish beef and the highest grade of traditional breeds of cattle. At F.X.BUCKLEY our prime cuts are hung on the bone at 4°C and at 80% humidity for a minimum of 28 days. Storing meat for several weeks where it can loose up to 16% of it's weight involves considerable expertise so all F.X.BUCKLEY butchers are specifically trained for the process. The benefit for our patrons is to experience the concentration and saturation of natural meat flavours and superior tenderness. Hence why you will hear experts use terms such as "buttery and rich", and "earthy and nutty" to describe our dry-aged beef.
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was one of the best steakhouse experiences I have ever had. In a week stay I had to repeat going there... The meat is just amazing, the service is really good (the waiters are so nice at you and always making sure everything is as you desire) and the place is so nice also.
I advice the rib eye, but all the other people in the table were very happy with their choices also.
Price with beer (without desert or starter) is around 30€/person - worth every euro...
Book in advance... Monday night was full...
In temple bar there is also one... (I would imagine with the same quality...)

1  Thank NAF22
There are newer reviews for F.X. Buckley Pembroke St

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I tried the Sirloin and my brother the T-bone. Both were very nice, however a bit too dry in the corners and 1-2 cm in. The middle part was excellent though. The atmosphere is nice and cozy, the service excellent.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Ate upstairs with a group of 20+ and the service was excellent. Leek and potatoe soup was very wholesome and tasty, as were the kidneys. My hake looked small enough but there was plenty in it especially as it sat on top of crushed potatoes. Mates had ordered the steaks - well it is a steak house and all declared very good meat. My double chocolate cake was a bit, well, underwhelming and bordering on not very tasty, where as the baked cheesecake, (I don't like baked cheesecakes as a rule), rates as the best baked cheesecake I have ever tasted. With such a big group I was very surprised at how good the service was. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My daughter and I shared the Porterhouse for Two and enjoyed it immensely. We had no reservation but arrived early and were accommodated. I highly recommend FX Buckley for a great steak in Dublin.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had a Excellent meal on the 19th October with my partner and my brother and his wife from Canada He was looking for a stake house so I said I try Fx well what a surprise we all had starters I had theCreamy Seafood Chowder ,Partner had Warm Rye Fields Irish Goats Cheese,Caesar Salad for my sister inlaw and the brother had Baby Back Pork Ribs well its was the best starters we had in a long time
the waiters were the best I have seen in along they knew about everything on the menu and were so nice
for the mains I had the 10oz Rib Eye Steak 28 Day Dry Aged my
partner had the Pan Fried Hake sister inlaw 8 oz Fillet Steak 28 Day Dry Aged brother 12 oz Sirloin Steak 28 Day Dry Aged and all was devoured
we cant say how excellent the whole meal was would recommend this restaurant to all my friends and everybody on TripAdvisor 100% Guaranteed