“Wonderful, make reservations though!”

F.X. Buckley Pembroke St
Ranked #31 of 2,596 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dublin's original steakhouse with the experience and knowledge of over 25 years of serving the perfect steak. We change our menus each season to reflect the best that Irish produce has to offer and to ensure the highest quality of local fresh seafood. We offer an informed wine list to meet all budgets and an extensive selection of cocktails and spirits. We are also open for weekday for lunch serving health and tasty dishes at very reasonable prices. The way in which we guarantee the highest quality in beef in both texture and flavour is by choosing Irish beef and the highest grade of traditional breeds of cattle. At F.X.BUCKLEY our prime cuts are hung on the bone at 4°C and at 80% humidity for a minimum of 28 days. Storing meat for several weeks where it can loose up to 16% of it's weight involves considerable expertise so all F.X.BUCKLEY butchers are specifically trained for the process. The benefit for our patrons is to experience the concentration and saturation of natural meat flavours and superior tenderness. Hence why you will hear experts use terms such as "buttery and rich", and "earthy and nutty" to describe our dry-aged beef.
Sacramento, California
“Wonderful, make reservations though!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I, and one of our friends met in Dublin that night. We had dinner here. The ambience is wonderful, the food is wonderful, and the waitresses were wonderful, friendly, and knowledgeable. This is the restaurant James Joyce references in Ulysses. It is worth the trip. I had a steak with béarnaise sauce with hand cut chips, my friend had the wellington and the parmesan and truffle oil chips (definitely worth the upgrade!) My husband had a steak and mashers with peppercorn, it was wonderful! I would recommend it, especially if you are on that side of the road! I would try to make reservations, we got lucky and they had a table open...

Belfast
“Good steak”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I visited this steakhouse and I was pleasantly surprised as the quality of the food and service was very good and definitely better than your average steakhouse.The portions were generous if a little on the pricey side. We were a family group and were well attended to.The place was very busy on a saturday night as it was the hurling final and perhaps this contributed to it.Atmosphere was lively and the location is good.Worth a visit if you like your steaks.

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing food and first class service”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I've been to FX Buckley three times total and have had a great experience every time. I went last week and they have refurbished the building. The place looks great and as always left feeling satisfied. The food was perfect and the staff were all extremely friendly and welcoming. One of my favourite restaurants in Dublin and definitely my favourite steak house!

Wexford, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

15 of us went to FX Buckley's after a long round of golf and had a phenomenal meal. They have steaks that are as close to those in the US as any restaurant that I've been to in Europe. The selection is vast. They had decent wine and plenty of other booze. FX was able to accommodate our large group in an upstairs alcove which probably worked out better for the other patrons as we tend to get loud. The servers were very friendly and the food was good.

Dublin, Ireland
“Pleasure for palate”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Me and my boyfriend came to F.X.Buckley last Saturday - we didn't have the reservation but we got a table for two and we had about two hours for enjoying food. Firstly, the restaurant was quite empty inside, but interior is very cozy. Staff was nice and smiling and asking that did we like the food, wchich we did, by the way. We ordered dish for two - chateaubriand and we wanted the steak to be done medium. I think that for medium it was a bit too pink, but it was very tasty. With steak we got mix of salads, vegetables, potatoes and fries. It was all fresh and good. For dessert I took vanilla crème brûlée and that was the best I ever ate. As the time passed by there were much more people coming and when we were leaving, there was already quite crowded. I enjoyed eating in there and I think that I will come back there with pleasure. And I recommend to get there to feel this nice atmosphere, but it is better to make a reservation earlier.

1 Thank Adriana L