“excellent staff pity about the chef”
Review of Pichet

Pichet
Ranked #81 of 2,558 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: French, Irish, European
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: South City Centre
cork
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent staff pity about the chef”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Had a lovely night out enjoyed the ambience and the service. Unfortunately the food was tasteless. Starter for four of us was beetroot and goats cheese. We were served a bowl of beetroot and one small piece of cheese each. So all I was getting was one boring flavour. Staff supplied more cheese when requested. My friend ordered scallops. She got one scallop!!!. My main course was sea breem. A blob of white tasteless fish. I would say the most tasteless meal I have ever eaten. The deserts were lovely.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank kay m

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Love this lively restaurant, located in a great spot – Trinity Street – heart of Dublin, beside Grafton Street. Food great.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank LIFL_13
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent All Round”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Had a fantastic dinner with my family in Pichet on Christmas Eve. The service is always excellent here and the food was really fantastic and great value. The infamous Hens Egg with Black Pudding to start, was out of this world and the fish main with Chorizo, was a real winner for all of us who had it. To top it off deserts all went down a treat. They also catered for kids with a good pasta dish and lovely ice-cream desert. Excellent on any occassion, but great atmosphere at Christmas too.

• Visited December 2012
“Not a Bar, but they have a bar inside!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Absolutely terrible... Went to sit a the bar but was told we could only have a cocktail if we were going to eat and that we where in a restraint not a bar.

The time was 4:30 pm and no customers were in the place. Well I will never set foot in Pichet again.

Stephen Lynch, Boston, MA

12 Thank steolynch
Dublin
“Good Restaurant”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have been to Pichet four or five times since it has opened. It is consistently good. The service is strong and there is a really good atmosphere. The decor is amazing and it's very relaxing although there is still a great buzz in there for lunch or dinner. I was there over Christmas with a large group and again service was very good as was the food and it was not that expensive as we had a lot of wine. The only critisism I would give is that the menu was a little restrictive. We were ordering off a Christmas menu and if you didn't like traditional desserts the selection was a little disappointing. I have ordered off an early bird menu before and selection was good so hence the disappointment. Their a la carte menu is very strong but in this instance there were so many of us this was not an option. They did offer an ice cream selection as an alternative. I would go again. It is hard to get a booking as it's so popular so I would suggest planning ahead.

• Visited December 2012