“Great deals!”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Every Sunday (from 3 I think, but they close at 7 on Sunday), Tuesday and Wednesday there is an all you can eat deal from the belt at this restaurant in Dundrum. You can't choose grey plates and they're the ones that look most appetising, but you can get what is on them from combinations of other plates anyway, so it never bothers me. The deal lasts for 2 hours so you can sit there and not be rushed at all. There is a water fountain for still and sparkling water and they only charge a euro for unlimited servings. It is filtered water and tastes better than plenty of bottled waters I have had! There are many fountains around the conveyor belt. It is a fun way to eat and there is generally quite a variety of food on the belt though. I would like to see more hand rolls on deal days, there never seem to be any! You have to finish what's on your plate, so if you want to taste all the sushi you can without knowing if you can finish it, the 20 euro deal isn't for you, but on Mondays there is a 3 euro deal for every plate off the belt, so that could work. When you're not eating in one of the deals, plates are priced by colour, so be aware of this as it is so easy to rack up a huge bill!

1  Thank Travelbug1981Ireland
There are newer reviews for Yo Sushi

Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I stopped in here for dinner. I had never eaten at a conveyer belt sushi place before and was pleasantly surprised by the experience. The food was great, the service was good, and watching the food go by was just plain fun. The only thing that kept this review from being "Excellent" instead of "Very Good" is the price. We eat sushi pretty regularly, so we know that it can get pricey, but for the amount that we actually ate...our bill was about 55 EUR ($70) before tip. While the food was good, it IS pricey. Consider this place for a special outing.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I really like Asian food but have always been a little bit hesitant about trying sushi. My friend who is a big sushi lover, came with me to the restaurant on Clarendon Street in Dublin city. The service was very good, the workers had a good knowledge of the food as they helped me to order and understand the menu. However, i felt the prices for some dishes were very high and the charge for tap water was ridiculous. I enjoyed the hot dishes and some of the sushi dishes. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who would like to try sushi for the first time as they also have alternative dishes.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Most of the dishes are not available the desserts took 1 hour before they came our and that was after I had to complian. 3 times

5  Thank DublinerA1
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Yummy! although go easy on the higher priced plates, ive left here with a bill for 50euro for my food alone!