“Lovely lunch”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013

been here a few times, over the last 18 months. Food is good, although not inspiring, and i don't think the menu has changed since it's opened. I also haven't really seen any interest in specials or seasonal attention.

Having said that, they do what they do pretty well. I had lunch there on Wednesday last, and we were greeted warmly by the affable Maitre D.

A nice seat overlooking the pond was followed by some very very good breads. I had the chowder with chorizo which was faultless, and followed by the fish, battered and delectable.

no dessert, it is lent after all, but a little espresso to finish the meal. They let us linger with out interruption until nearly 3, when we had to dash back to other tasks.

Will definitely return....

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Myself and my husband went here for a meal last night and were disappointed overall with the quality of the food and cooking. The crabcake starter was obviously just freshly popped out of the microwave and not much flavour. The venison and pasta main courses were actually really good but not too filling so we decided to finish the meal with a dessert. While the rhubarb crumble was delicious, the cheesecake was at least 2 days old and very hard on the outside. Not once during the 2 hours we spent there, did anyone ask us was our food alright or were we happy but when we did mention the cheesecake to the waiter when paying for the bill, he said "thanks for mentioning that - I'll pass your message on" For the prices charged, we expected better food - won't be going back there again but just stick to Rolys in Ballsbridge

Reviewed January 29, 2013

My family booked a delicous meal down in Roly Saul located in Dundrum Town Centre to celebrate the birth of my little neice. The meal was delicous from start to end! We were served 3 courses and each was better then the last, the waiters and staff were extremely attentive and catered to our ever need. The owner was very cooperative with the children and allowed them to walk around and play even though they were in the way, this was greatly appreciated as it was hard to keep them amused through out the meal. The price was reasonable and the staff were extremely friendly, each of our party thoroughly enjoy the meal and had a great time. I will definitley be returning and would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank Anna W
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I went there on a Saturday night and it was an enjoyable experience. Service was prompt and one of the waiters was especially friendly. Venison was lovely and our deserts including xmas pudding was tasty and well presented. Only minor complaint was the house rioja which may have been open too long. Regardless we'll be back.

1  Thank pmorddny
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We had a family night out for Xmas and you would expect a Xmas muni but no a theatre menu on 23rd Dec? Anyway the waiter didn't smile all night and was never around when you wanted something. The food, fish & chips, burger etc at Christmas, everything was Carvery type food and less than average. My expectations were not good having been before but my hopes were high, very disappointed and will never go again.