“Tastes Better Than It Looks”

KC Peaches Cafe & Delicatessen
Ranked #266 of 2,701 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: KC Peaches - Providing nourishment from nature. The simple joy of making and enjoying great-tasting, nutritious food led to the creation of KC Peaches. As the first and only whole foods catering company in Dublin, we hope to enable our customers to eat and live well by providing healthy, fresh fare at an affordable price. We subscribe to the notion that what we consume plays a large role in our physical and mental well being. Given this philosophy, it is important to us that we serve only all-natural food - free from additives, preservatives, artificial flavours or colours. Our ingredients are delivered fresh every morning and then baked, roasted, chopped and sauteed into what is served on your plate. Walk into one of our 4 stores and you will discover great tasting healthy food.
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Looks like a coffeehouse or modern diner. Nothing special-sort of nondescript but the food s very, very good. Excellent sweets, great salads and main dishes and soups and an incredible variety. Hard to find a place to sit after 1:00pm. Worth stopping in for a takeaway desert while exploring Dublin.

kcindublin, Owner at KC Peaches Cafe & Delicatessen, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear caimi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer your feedback while you were visiting Dublin!

We work very hard to produce everything in house, while using local suppliers wherever possible.

I do hope your review encourages other visitors to find us. It is such a pleasure serving you - hopefully we will have an opportunity again soon!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Very good breakfast here at a reasonable price. Lovely cakes on display. Quick and friendly service.

Dear Lynne24,

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted we could serve you breakfast while you were in Dublin.

We really appreciate that you took a moment out of your busy day to provide feedback for other potential customers.

I hope we can serve you again soon!

My best,
Owner, KC Peaches

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had just arrived in Dublin after an early morning flight. We passed this place on way to our hotel. As we managed to check into our hotel early we then thought we would walk here for coffee and cake. We ordered our coffee, a fruit scone and a coconut macaroon. Well the scone was so stale that i think the birds would have struggled to eat it. I did return it and it was replaced with a seeded apricot flap jack. This was also disappointing although slightly fresher. The cakes without creamy fillings are displayed in the window and i think don't have a quick turnover. The macaroon was ok. Would not rush here for coffee and cake. Go a few doors alon to the Kilkenny cafe for a beautiful selection and value for money.

1  Thank EastLothianCupcake
kcindublin, Owner at KC Peaches Cafe & Delicatessen, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear EastLothianCupcake,

Thank you for taking the time to send this review. It’s important for the growth and improvement of KC Peaches to receive feedback from our customers, whether that be negative or positive.
I’d like to sincerely apologise for the experience you had in KC Peaches Nassau Street.

With regards your fruit scone, we do bake our scones freshly every morning in our kitchen. However over the past week or so we have come across some issues with our scones. We tested several scones after receiving your feedback and also found them to be hard and appear stale. Therefore, we have changed our baking process and believe they should be much improved moving forward. Our assistant manager, Tracy, has been trying a sample of each scone batch every day to ensure they meet our standards.

With regards the seeded apricot flap jack I believe you are referring to our granola bar, would that be correct? I have to be completely honest here and say that I am not a huge fan of our granola bar. However a good portion of our customers completely love them. They are more of a healthy, breakfast item but it really does come down to personal taste.

With regards the cakes we stock in the window, we actually do have a very high turnover on these. We currently restock the majority of our window display at least three times each day. We make everything in house in our Pearse St kitchen and receive deliveries of everything fresh daily. Therefore, I can say with certainty that all of our desserts are of very good quality.

Again I’d like to sincerely apologises for the experience you had in KC Peaches. We are working hard to resolve the issues we’re having with our scones and do appreciate your feedback. We do hope you will return again!

Owner KC Peaches

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Imagine your ideal salad bar--this place has it. Imagine your ideal deli bar (choose what you ant in a cold or hot sandwich, and choice of breads, of course)--this place is it. And multiple soups. And fantastic desserts (we ate a brownie from here as sustenance on a long drive--wow, for us choclaholics, its the Best!). Everything seemed very fresh and it tasted as good as it looked. There are separate lines for the different food stations, so it took us a couple minutes to get a sense of what to do where. The staff were uniformly friendly and helpful. We chanced on this place(Nassau St. location) while walking around the area at lunchtime. It was very busy, as we knew why, once we ate there. The crowd seemed to be a mix of Trinity college students and profs, and business folk. There's a wine bar downstairs (you can bring your glass upstairs, too). When we were there, it wouldn't suit anyone who minded crowds,

Dear FriendlyVisitor,

I cannot tell you how much I appreciated your review! We do work hard to provide as much variety as possible to our customers. Thank you very much for noting this.

The brownies are a favourite of mine as well. Please do email me if you would like any recipes - I would be delighted to send them to you.

I hope that the next time you travel to Dublin from DC you are able to come in again. It would be a pleasure meeting you!

Owner, KC Peaches
katie.cantwell@kcpeaches.com

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Reasonably cheap by Dublin standards (which is expensive everywhere else!)

Superb cakes and really nice coffee. My wife had a chocolate brownie which was so huge so had to take half back to the hotel to finish later!

There is a nice atmosphere and free wifi too. It is very popular so you might struggle to get a table (we got about the last one each time) but it is ideal for relaxing in and enjoying the buzz.

Dear TallPaul72,

Thank you very much for reviewing us. I am delighted to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your experience at KC Peaches.

I hope you can try our new cheesecake brownie next time you come in. I think you both will really enjoy it.

Thank you again!