“Well worth a visit”

Ranked #254 of 2,689 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: KC Peaches - Providing nourishment from nature. The simple joy of making and enjoying great-tasting, nutritious food led to the creation of KC Peaches. As the first and only whole foods catering company in Dublin, we hope to enable our customers to eat and live well by providing healthy, fresh fare at an affordable price. We subscribe to the notion that what we consume plays a large role in our physical and mental well being. Given this philosophy, it is important to us that we serve only all-natural food - free from additives, preservatives, artificial flavours or colours. Our ingredients are delivered fresh every morning and then baked, roasted, chopped and sauteed into what is served on your plate. Walk into one of our 4 stores and you will discover great tasting healthy food.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Reasonably cheap by Dublin standards (which is expensive everywhere else!)

Superb cakes and really nice coffee. My wife had a chocolate brownie which was so huge so had to take half back to the hotel to finish later!

There is a nice atmosphere and free wifi too. It is very popular so you might struggle to get a table (we got about the last one each time) but it is ideal for relaxing in and enjoying the buzz.

kcindublin, Owner at KC Peaches Cafe & Delicatessen, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear TallPaul72,

Thank you very much for reviewing us. I am delighted to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your experience at KC Peaches.

I hope you can try our new cheesecake brownie next time you come in. I think you both will really enjoy it.

Thank you again!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Very good choice of food, especially the cakes and tarts. Tea in a special Japanese teapot was a novelty. Surroundings are relaxed and may suit younger people.

kcindublin, Owner at KC Peaches Cafe & Delicatessen, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Patricia M,

Many thanks for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the cakes & tarts. The Raspberry & Pistachio Tart is my personal favorite. I hope you are able to try it next time you are in.

Again, we really appreciate the feedback & hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were captured by the window with the cakes. Went in as it was a freezing cold day. My husband and a slice of pie with cream and strawberries and I had some carrot cake. We also bought a passionfruit and coconut bun. I had asked for a choc brownie and cream only to be told there was no cream. We thought the strawberry and the passionfruit cake were nice but would not be recommending the carrot cake as it was dry and the cream filling on the top was awful. Whatever brand of tea they use is really nice. They had a good selection of salad etc but we just wanted some cake and tea as a treat.

kcindublin, Owner at KC Peaches Cafe & Delicatessen, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Shazhod,

Many thanks for your feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback so we can improve.

With regards to your comments about the whipped cream, due to your feedback we have changed our service of whipped cream. Instead of making it in a canister, we now typically make it by hand. This ensures that the cream is fresher and tastes better. It also ensures that we should always have it ready for our customers.

In terms of our carrot cake, we experienced quality issues with regards to the carrot cake for 1-2 weeks. We have been serving the carrot cake since we opened on Pearse Street 6.5 years ago and have never received a complaint. However, I agree with you with regards to the carrot cake over the period you were in our shop. Even the colour was noticeably different during the 1-2 week period in question. I spoke with our head pastry chef, Loic, about the cake and the differences. He could not determine the cause of the issues either. However, since your review, we have taken steps to ensure that every cake is the same and that all of our chefs use the correct recipe. I have had the carrot cake myself several times since and have been pleased that our pastry team is now using the correct recipe each and every time.

I am delighted to hear that you did enjoy the strawberry cake and the passionfruit cake. I do hope you will stop in again!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Everything delicious, excellent choice. good value for money.
I have visited on many occasions with family, friends and on my own. no preference but I am always pleased to introduce a new customer.

Dear Karin R,

Many thanks for your review. We really appreciate any & all feedback, but of course are delighted when we are able to please our customers.

I personally thank you for introducing your family and friends to KC Peaches. It is our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

A hidden gem. KC Peaches is a large deli with a huge range of food choices. All at very reasonable prices. What's more, by patronizing the place, you will help support the local producers since all the items are sourced locally and sustainably. You could order a la carte or go for the value-for-money meal versions (large/small plate), which allows you to pick and choose as much as you want from the items on the buffet table, but it should fit on your plate! [You get to do this only once!] During my visit, it included all the mains and salads. The large number of tables in the huge sitting area should pose no problem in finding a place to partake in the delicious offerings. Highly recommended.

Dear tobyinuk,

Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to KC Peaches.

It is such a pleasure to receive comments such as yours. It makes us feel that we are offering a product and service that is well received by our customers.

I do hope we can entice in again soon!

All my best,