“Nice restaurant if you can afford it”

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse and Grill
Ranked #188 of 2,543 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Following on the success of his London restaurants, Marco is proud to open his first Irish venture, here on Dawson Street. Like the man himself, the new venue is flamboyant, entertaining and full of character. This is a place where diners can enjoy simple yet exquisite cuisine that perfectly embodies what Marco calls Affordable Glamour.
Dublin
“Nice restaurant if you can afford it”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a very nice restaurant. The ham starter and the steak was delicious. The staff really bend over backwards to make your visit enjoyable. Now the downsides, it is kind of expensive; for a two course meal for four plus eight drinks and 2 desserts, it cost 240 euro. It is certainly worth it for a special occasion.

• Korean first
Cork city
“Highly efficient service”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Unusual review this one as I didn't actually eat here or even visit the restaurant.

It's my friends 30th soon and as he lives in Dublin and I live in Cork I wanted to get him a voucher for his birthday and seeming as he's a big meat fan I looked this restaurant up. The enquiry form was filled out on their website around midday, got a phone call within the hour, I explained I needed the voucher ASAP as I had left it last minute and my friend was in Cork the following day. The girl assured me she'd get it in the post straight away and hey presto I received it the following morning in the post at my home in Cork.

I was inspired to write this review of how efficient and pleasant the girl in Marcos was to deal with. Next time I'm in Dublin I'm definitely going to visit to try the food.

Visited July 2013
Somerset
“Best dinner in Dublin”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had a lovely dinner - my only complaint is that they allow people to smoke at the outdoor tables. That really is offensive to other diners, who are sitting outside for the fresh air, after all, but seems to be typical in Ireland.

Visited July 2013
Congleton, United Kingdom
“Oh Marco. You need to visit”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stumbled on this restaurant and were pleasantly surprised to find that they had tables free. When we left, we understood why. Starters were average, the mushroom soup was poor however, very strong and overpowering. Steak Tartare was good.

The main courses were so disappointing. The Chicken was totally under seasoned and over-cooked, the salad was bland. The salmon came with a sauce in a mini pan but was cold. The chips smelt as if they had been cooked in old oil. Marco's own onion rings had clearly been recooked.

It seems like the big mans name is being used in vain.

2 Thank andypear
LLandinam
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth a visit!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant because of the fixed price menu which was 2 courses for €19.99 or 3 courses for €23.99. The food was delicious and good value for money. The staff were very polite.