“Loved it”
Review of Jimmy Chung's

Jimmy Chung's
Ranked #2,015 of 2,699 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: North City Centre
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went with my kids for a snack and came out stuffed, there was so much food and great value, we had a full dinner and more. it was hot it was tasty it was well cooked.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I wanted to go here as I had read such good reviews from TA. To say that I was disappointed would be an understatement. When we first arrived we were sitted immediately passing the buffet stands which looked very appealing.

However, while we were ordering drinks I noticed that the staff were clearing plates piled high with food. I must admit my intitial thoughts were that people were just getting too much food and couldn't eat it all. We tried a few of the starters which turned out to be bland but I wasn't too bothered as the main courses looked so nice. How wrong!! The food was bland and tasteless. I tried the spicy lamb, what spice? Spicy noddles, no taste at all. The salted squid was so overcooked it was like eating rubber. We all tried numerous dishes in the hope that something was edible, to no avail. There was a large table sitting next to us full of twentysomethings and I could hear their comments, which was a reflection of our own. I can't imagine how much food they must be throwing out on a daily basis. Dessert was just as bland as everything else.

This is the first time I have ever visited a restuarant recommended by TA to find if a complete let down. I don't know whether the owner/chef has changed but do yourself and favour and avoid. There are so many restaurants in Dublin you don't need to waste your time or money here.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Above average Chinese food with a few Western additions. It really is one of Dublin’s great bargains. For €8.90 during the day until 5pm - €13.90 after 5pm Mon-Thurs – extra €1 for Fri-Sun. All you can eat and there is a wide range of tasty starters, main courses and desserts. If you’re on a real budget, you can ask for tap water which is free and in Dublin drinkable, because even soft drinks cost from €2. But even with drinks, you’ll know you’ve had great value. Staff are great and efficient. The place is clean throughout including the wash room area. The reason the reviews don’t rate it as excellent is that it is not fine Chinese dining. It’s a buffet, delicious, hot and fresh. Not gourmet, but way above average.
Watch out for – if you go in the evening after 5pm or if you pay after 5pm, you will be charged dinner rates. There is little difference between dinner and lunch – the former has crispy duck and that appeared to be is the only difference. It seems to be more a supply and demand price with more demand in the evening.
If you have children, then in order to get the child rate which is €3 cheaper than the adult rate, your pride and joy needs be 4’6” or less. Remember that, it’s not a strictly age thing, it’s about size which seems fair enough, given the bigger you are, the more you tend to eat.
Favorites are chicken satay with peanut sauce, egg fried rice with thai green curry, lychees by themselves, apple crumble with whipped ice cream. They have chips if rice and noodles are not to your taste.
Bottom line, there’s no catch, it’s way above average, reliable fresh fare at a great price. Enjoy!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Went there Friday night with work. First of all my manager is heavily pregnant so she was told the table is not ready so she was told to wait standing. In the meantime there's a table there but it's only for 4 its in the corner but she got no offer to sit down while she's waiting. So we waited for about 20 mins for our table to set up. We order drinks and everything was ok. Food doesn't look that amazing. Duck was dry.the other foods looked like it had been sitting there for the day. The only thing there I liked was apple crumble and the ice cream. Over all on food is average.
We were just having a chat like you would going out for dinner. They didn't say you have to be out in certain time so we are having a grand chat. Suddenly you can see them all circling around having you the eye trying to get you out. They collected all our glasses except mine coz I told them I was still drinking it. Moment later without asking us if we are finish the bill was sent to our table.
Overall experience was poor. If you are into get your food, sit down and get out and don't really mind they don't taste that good then this is a restaurant for you. We were there for 1 hour and 30 mins. And we got kicked out basically.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Jimmy Chungs on Eden Quay, Dublin 1, was not the same today as it was last year when we were there. The Chicken satay sticks were nice but the sauce was a curry sauce but written down as satay sauce "contains nuts" dont no where they were. Any way the meal over all was very poor and bland, no flavour what so ever on it, we called the manager and expressed our feelings about the food. Got the impression we were the 1st people to ever complain. I feel they dont really mind as the people roll in and out all day. They def dont deserve the 5 star off trip advisor, and this is posted on the door b4 u go in. Not a happy camper, maybe the chef was on a bad day.