“So Italian ”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Temple Bar
Description: Please Note that we're open 7 days a week despite any hours published on this forum .We strongly recommend you to visit our website ,as on our website any information is correct.For reservations please contact directly the restaurant or else you may email us directly on our email address .Please be aware that we don''t take responsibility for third parties reservations ( i.E online websites featuring restaurants including this forum also) as none of them are employed by us. In order to avoid any confusion or disappointment please contact the restaurant directly with accurate and detailed contact informations. Regards , the management
Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

Best ever handmade ravioli and pasta. Great selection of vine. Tiramisu for the gods. Staff is kind and professional. You definitely have to visit this place!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,532)

Reviewed October 23, 2017

On a busy Saturday evening a gang of five visited Il Vicoletto. Small and cozy place, all tables busy and in fact so busy we got a time slot for our visit. Friendly staff who would help us choose both the dishes and the wine (although they seemed a bit unorganized). I had the "Bruschette of our homemade rustic bread topped with freshly seasoned vine cherry tomato" for starters. Very nice even though the small tomatoes were served in halves instead of chopped. For the main course I had the "Oven baked whole Seabass with aromatic herbs and grilled cherry tomatoes" which was excellent. the only slight disappointment was that the glass of white, recommended by the the waiter was, in my taste, not crisp enough (but that's personal I guess). For the dessert I choose the "Panna cotta with mix berry compote", again which was excellent. Overall, being in Dublin, this was an excellent dinner.

Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

Been traveling around Ireland for the last 14 days and this was one of the best meals we've had. My hubby ordered the ragu and I enjoyed the ravioli special. The homemade pasta was incredible and the sauces were both nuanced but complex. Yes, it's small and busy, but that is part of the charm. Staff was remarkably attentive. Highly recommend for a couple or two.

Reviewed October 23, 2017

The reviews are true. This place will not disappoint. Handmade pasta with incredible depth in flavor. Cozy, intimate vibe and great staff. The restaurant made me custom dishes two nights in a row and they were delicious. The pasta here was definitely better than anything I've had in San Francisco. NOTE: The restaurant is tiny so make reservations!

What we ate: Calamari, Carpaccio, Burrata, Chicken Pate, Spaghetti with bacon and chilles, Ragu, Carbonara. Everything was amazing

Reviewed October 22, 2017

We had a delightful evening at Il Vicoletto with excellent food, warm and lively service and a great Italian atmosphere. The owners seem to take a personal interest in their clientele and it was much appreciated. I had the linguine alla vongole (with delicious clams) that consisted of delightfully fresh pasta and a mountain of sweet tiny clams...an authentic Italian preparation that was superb. My partner had an excellent steak with pepper sauce that also was freshly prepared and beautifully presented. The service was excellent and cheerful with lots of pleasantries and genuine caring...something unusual of late. Given the popularity of the place and its cozy atmosphere, I would strongly recommend reserving ahead of time. We were lucky to get a table without a reservation but it was just by luck and good timing. When you need a break from fish & chips, this is a great option.