“Authentic Italian Cuisine...a Great Break from Fish & Chips”
Review of IL VICOLETTO

IL VICOLETTO
Ranked #72 of 2,886 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Temple Bar
Description: Please Note that we're open 7 days a week despite any hours published on this forum .We strongly recommend you to visit our website ,as on our website any information is correct.For reservations please contact directly the restaurant or else you may email us directly on our email address .Please be aware that we don''t take responsibility for third parties reservations ( i.E online websites featuring restaurants including this forum also) as none of them are employed by us. In order to avoid any confusion or disappointment please contact the restaurant directly with accurate and detailed contact informations. Regards , the management
Reviewed October 22, 2017

We had a delightful evening at Il Vicoletto with excellent food, warm and lively service and a great Italian atmosphere. The owners seem to take a personal interest in their clientele and it was much appreciated. I had the linguine alla vongole (with delicious clams) that consisted of delightfully fresh pasta and a mountain of sweet tiny clams...an authentic Italian preparation that was superb. My partner had an excellent steak with pepper sauce that also was freshly prepared and beautifully presented. The service was excellent and cheerful with lots of pleasantries and genuine caring...something unusual of late. Given the popularity of the place and its cozy atmosphere, I would strongly recommend reserving ahead of time. We were lucky to get a table without a reservation but it was just by luck and good timing. When you need a break from fish & chips, this is a great option.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,547)

Reviewed October 17, 2017

My 20 year old son and I had dinner here in mid-August. It was absolutely delicious and the service was very good. I had the linguine with clams. My son had a meal with sausage. It's very small inside so I would recommend making a reservation.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

We made a reservation here because we found ourselves wanting pasta and I noticed one review that compared this restaurant to those found in the North End of Boston. To say that was not the case for our evening is a huge understatement. The ambiance is a hot, crowded room with wait staff constantly bumping your table. The food is just plain not good. Both of our entrees were bland and the pasta was not cooked correctly. One entree had overdone pasta, and the other still had crunch! We got a bottle of wine but our table was so small we had a hard time fitting the wine cooler on the table once the entrees arrived. The only positive I can say is that the wait staff was very pleasant.

4  Thank casey66
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Went for early dinner and once again, Il Vicoletto did not disappoint. Fantastic food, generous portion, huge wine selection and amazing staff. The traditional Italian dishes are superb but so are the fish based dishes and the beef! I already cannot wait to come back.

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has the intimate and quaint atmosphere needed to turn an average date into a wonderful one.

The low lit, sultry vibes add to the succulent and flavoursome food which was portioned perfectly.

Between the two of us, we had parmigiana, ravioli, calamari, veal and poached pears with a beautiful Cabernet Sauvignon and a Moscato to finish.

The staff are friendly, efficient and hardworking and we felt tended to and comfortable for our entire meal.
Il Vicoletto provides an experience as much as it provides a meal and for that reason, I cannot wait to return!