“Clean, Great Location and Excellent service”
Review of Parkway Guesthouse

Parkway Guesthouse
Ranked #17 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights when we first arrived in Dublin from USA. The place was very clean, great location and attentive to services. Seamus ( the owner ) and his staff was very helpful and one day we wanted to take a tourist break and hang out at a local pub to watch the Irish Football. Seamus suggested his buddy's place down the road and we were treated like kings. Thanks again for the host and looking forward to our next visit in a year or two.

Tom

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank tbarrett317

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights during a visit to Dublin. The staff was very helpful the moment we arrived and throughout the 2 days of our visit. The rooms are average, but you don't go to Dublin to stay in your room. Breakfast was great. You are about 5 minutes from O'Connell Street and all the bus stops. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I've stayed here a few times and I always return. The reason is in my title. I visit Dublin once a year, usually in August and I book directly through Parkway Guesthouse's website and this is an easy way to book. I look forward to staying here for my annual getaway. The guesthouse is a 7 minute walk to the city centre spire and another few minutes to The Temple Bar area. The location is perfect. It is a very clean place to stay with a fresh interior all over. My room was all I could ask for. A comfortable bed, a TV, tea/coffee facilities and a fresh and very clean en suite was very welcome after a long trip from Coleraine (155 miles).The shower was great which is a must have for a trip away. I met Seamus, the owner, and as usual he was very welcoming. The young ladies who serve breakfast are courteous and I always get my veggie fry to my liking.
To summarise, anyone looking for a place to kip, chill out and relax, then this is the place to be. I will be staying here again and I recommend this place to everyone. :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Our room was clean and a good size; he actually had our double bed + a single bed and only the 2 of us! Approx 10min walk to temple bar area and main sights but not right in the center of the craziness! Breakfast was pretty good, I would have enjoyed fruit salad more if it was fresh fruit versus fruit salad from a can the first day they added some fresh fruit to it also which made it better. Would definitely stay again for location, staff, price and cleanliness!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Decided to visit Dublin for a long weekend away with a friend. Having unknowingly picked a weekend when there was a major football and hurling match on, we struggled to find any accommodation under £100p/n that looked decent. This B&B was just over £100p/n for a twin en suite room and although it felt a little pricey, for Dublin, it is pretty much the norm. The location is at the top of O Connell Street and just a straight 10 minute walk to the river and temple bar area. Perfect as it was quiet but close enough. The rooms are basic B&B standard but clean and you don't end up spending a lot of time in there anyway.
Breakfast was okay, with a choice of Irish or continental - but if you just wanted eggs on toast they will do that for you as well.
We also arrived very late on the Friday night and after contacting Seamus, he waited to let us in which was brilliant. All in all if you are after a no frills, clean and convenient place to stay then this will suit you fine.

Room Tip: It is an old town house so lots of stairs. We were on the second floor which was fine for us but ask...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights whilst sitting exams in Dublin and was keen to get a place that was comfortable and friendly. Luckily I found the right place:

*Seamus was a great host, nothing was too much trouble
*His staff were equally as helpful and friendly as Seamus
*Breakfasts were delicious, coffee and bacon both superb
*Room was spotless and house in general very clean
*Really nice 4 storey house (Victorian i think?), with a modern touch of decor
*This place is a real gem and I will recommend it to any friends up north

thanks again,

Thomas McK

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Seamus is a great host who is generous and friendly. Immediately upon booking online, I received an inquiry asking when we would arrive and our needs. Even though we showed up to drop off our car at 10 am...well before anyone would have checked us in...Seamus showed us to our room right away and took care of our parking needs. Spot on directions, recommendations for food and other sites. Very large family unit exceeded our expectations for a city guesthouse! Tasty breakfasts with long windows in which to choose to eat. Cannot be topped as a home base in Dublin.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family