“"Force 8".... no problem for Ulysses”
Review of Irish Ferries

Irish Ferries
Ranked #101 of 546 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Irish Ferries, Ireland's Leading Ferry Company. Offering up to 16 daily fast ferry and cruise ferry sailings to Britain & Ireland and France. Also package holidays to Ireland and Britain.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was concerned on my drive across England towards Holyhead that the stormy weather forecast would be a problem. With no alternative I decided to give "Ulysses" a go. I had booked a cabin, which was just perfect.Two comfortable beds, coffee and tea making, TV, complementary newspaper, WC and shower. Thumbs up from my wife and myself. A brilliant crossing both ways, polite and helpful staff, swiftly on and off. The Force 8 weather conditions were hardly noticeable. My only difficulty was actually finding the departure point on returning from Dublin.The signs to the Irish Ferries area are in serious need of improvement.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

On our recent trip we books a Rail and Sail package from Liverpool to Dublin via Holyhead. We traveling on Mersey rail, Virgin Trains and Irish Ferries' Ulysses. It was an all around great trip with good connections. Ulysses is huge and slower than other ferries, but it's stable and provides great on-board, comfort, service and food. It was also a great deal if bought online in advance.

1  Thank Ernjack1972
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I miss-timed my arrival as a walk on passenger at Holyhead and consequently missed the 11:50 sailing to Dublin. But never mind, the assistant at the ferry office, at no additional charge re-booked me onto the slower but far better equipped Ulysses ferry a few hours later, and I'd also paid the small additional surcharge to use the upgraded(kid free) lounge.

This lounge provides at no additional charge, unlimited cream teas, salmon crackers, a range of wines and a whole lot more, as well as lots of sprawling/sleeping/dozing room, free WiFi, and to top it off a lovely sunny afternoon to sail into Dublin.

I loved this opportunity to relax my way to Ireland, and I'll highly recommend it accordingly.
PS, no I don't work for Irish Ferries!

3  Thank Themikanic
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Ferry nearly two hours late meaning a prebooked through rail connection was missed. This meant an overnight stay in Dublin, had to find accommodation myself with absolutely no help offered from Irish Ferries. This despite having a Sail Rail through booking from Crewe to Cork. A really expensive and miserable experience. My mobile was dead and the irish ferries help desk in the terminal wouldn't even allow me the use of a phone.

2  Thank Ed F
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had a pretty average experience from Dublin to holy head using Irish ferries. There were many negatives and these are listed below:
* the way the ferry company just jams your car in and then lifts the ramp is not professional. Feel like they are trying to squash as many cars in and not care if cars scratch each other. I had to climb through passenger seat to get out of my car as they made me park too close to wall!!!
* not enough seats on boat- many passengers left stranded with no seats. Many people had to stand for whole journey and at 196 euro for the experience that is just not good enough.
* food onboard was horrible and overpriced
* we had to sit next to kids area- loud tv which staff should have turned down slightly. Ended up exiting boat with headache.

Overall I would not recommend Irish ferries. You can get better service with stena line!

3  Thank Deanna1985