“Value for money”

Ranked #39 of 162 Dublin B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights upon first arriving and 2 nights prior to leaving. The Georgian style building is showing the effects of age but then, so am I. Everything works and the rooms we had were clean and the beds comfortable. The noise from passing traffic is an issue but room 21 had wooden shutters that served to reduce the volume and room 20 was on also at the rear of the building and on the side street so sleeping wasn't a problem after 10pm. The air coach drops off and picks up near the front door (Hampton Hotel stops.) The staff are friendly and the breakfast good and plentiful. The nearby restaurants are great. All in all, great value for money if all you need is a comfortable bed, clean room and good food at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Rooms 20 and 21 were off the main road and probably the quietest.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

First of all, we arrived at the front door at 6:00 AM from a flight that originated in New York's JFK. At the booking, we were told that we could store our bags until our room was ready. Well, just by chance, our room was ready at 6:00 AM and we were escorted to our very clean and comfortable room where we could shower and cleanup. It is located in a very pleasant neighborhood with plenty of nearby choices for good pub food. If the City Centre is where you want to be, catch a bus right out front for E1.90 and it is a10 minute ride. If there is an event you want to see at Aviva, it is a 30 minute walk. Very good breakfast, terrific location and all in all, a VERY pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Everything about Morehampton Townhouse is excellent. The staff is extremely helpful, efficient and friendly. The location is excellent, removed from the hustle and bustle of the city center and in a very pleasant neighborhood, but also very accessible by frequent bus service. The breakfast options were fine. Definitely offers real value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

We arrived at Morehampton House after having the reservation at our other B&B cancelled. Veehm (spelling??) was SO helpful and personable, he helped make what could have been a disaster a pleasant experience! Our room was VERY clean! Yes, the building does have older windows, but if you wear ear plugs to sleep, the noise is not a problem. You can't beat the convenience and location of Morehampton House. My recommendations for restaurants in the neighborhood: O'Connell's and the Sussex. Also, take a walk down to Herbert Park.

Room Tip: Choose a room on an upper floor, and on a corner of the building.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Leiden, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

very friendly and helpful staff and easy to reach UCD.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have stayed here on numerous occasions and I have to say that I find the staff very friendly and helpful. The rooms are a good standard - very clean and beds are very comfortable. A little noisy from the traffic. The breakfast is good too.Yes, it is an old building but I think it adds to the character. It's not 4 star but the price reflects this. The location is great too - there is a bus across the road for a very short trip into the city centre, or you can easily walk it either.
Overall, this place is great value for money and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

As I was getting to Dublin late, I had notified the hotel, and they replied with a warm message giving me detailed instructions on what to do and reassuring me that night porter will be there to meet me whenever I arrive. The room & bathroom were very clean, nice and comfortable bed, and complimentary tea. Every morning I had the most delicious Irish porridge, and Limona has shared with me a traditional recipe which I took home. And on my last say I had to leave very early in the morning so would have had to miss a breakfast. However, Limona offered and made me a generous breakfast box that helped me get through a busy day! The night porter delivered it to me at 6:30am sharp, as requested. Overall, 5 stars to staff for caring attitude!! Thank you! Oh yes, a very good Internet connection in the room.

Room Tip: All hotel rooms face the road, it's not a major problem though in my opinion as it gets quiet in...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo