“Very enjoyable”

Saagar - Dublin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I can't believe people are complaining about this restaurant when using vouchers, it's simple ask when you arrive what you get with the deal and you wont be disappointed. We went with a grab a bite deal and I have to say we could not have been treated better.
The staff were very attentive and very pleasant, the food was lovely and the restaurant itself was a pleasant surprise(very cosy).
I would definitely go back again even without a deal, For €25 we could not have had a better meal anywhere else.

There are newer reviews for Saagar - Dublin

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I bought a 'bite a bargain' voucher for Saagar in late April. On arriving to the restaurant, the first thing we were asked was, "do you have any vouchers or promotions?" I thought immediately that this meant that we were going to be treated differently to a 'regular' customer who didn't have a voucher. We sat down and were handed menus but didn't get an explanation as to which value menu within the menu booklet we could order from. After taking an educated guess, we were right with choosing the 'value meal for 2 including wine for 50euro' (even though our bite a bargain voucher valued the same menu at 78euro)

When the food arrived it was absolutely delicious. The starter was nearly a main course in itself it was so big. I ordered the onion bhaji and got two of them on the plate. My boyfriend got the vegetable samosa and they were plenty big and good and hot also. I had the chicken tikkka masala for my main and it was very tasty also.

When we arrived to Saagar, we were the second table in the restaurant and by the time we were leaving the place had about 10 tables filled, yet there was still only one waiter on and it was a Saturday night!

In the end, we had to leave because we were sitting waiting for our dirty plates to be cleared from in-front of us for 45 minutes and the waiter was too busy to do so with no help.

In summary, the food was really great but unfortunately the service was very poor.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We went on a Wednesday evening at half six. The place was empty but ok. I went to the toilets and it did look like a building site very unnerving walking down. We had a voucher from living social to spend 45 euro on food. At the end of the meal we had to have an argument with the waiter as apparently ice cream does not count as food and had to be paid for separately. Absolutely ridiculous. Once they get your voucher they just try to squeeze as much as they can out of you. I refused to pay any extra as it was under 45 and the waiter told us he would have to pay it now. A big story to make us feel guilty enough to hand more money over. We walked out and will never return.

2  Thank Jennifer2014
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Great food very good service very polite. Was empty at 7pm on Friday night which was a shame - needs more customers and worth a trip

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Real good indian food served with attention from two waiters. A varied and good selection of different dishes and homemade bread. Can be recommended.