“Great food worth a visit”
Review of Saagar - Dublin - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Saagar - Dublin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Great food very good service very polite. Was empty at 7pm on Friday night which was a shame - needs more customers and worth a trip

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Real good indian food served with attention from two waiters. A varied and good selection of different dishes and homemade bread. Can be recommended.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Place need a revamp. Toilets are like being back in India.Expected a lot more as we didnt even get to eat! The staff suggested we leave as we didnt tell them in advance of our voucher (didnt say to). The staff were obviously not welcoming and couldn't cope with the pressure of a few additionals. disappointing.

5  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Recently some friends and I bought vouchers for this resaurant online from Grab a Bite and decided to try it out. Upon arriving I was disappointed to see the place was looking rather grubby and unkempt but as they had a big crown in there I figured the food must be special..
After being seated in a corner at the far reaching back of the resaurant, we were given menus but not even offered any water to tide us over which we needed for the long wait about to ensure. The staff fobbed us off and proceeded to completely ignore us for a half an hour until we decided to approach them and find out what the problem was. They did not wish to serve us becuase we had vouchers we didnt mention when booking the table though this was not requested on the voucher itself! We left without having had any food(though from what I saw of food going out to the tables it didn't look altogether special afterall). I think that it is appalling that Sagaar see fit to take our money for vouchers online and then do not wish to follow though on actually providing service and quality food. I will not return.

3  Thank Aine M
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Recently, I got a voucher for Sagaar. Before I booked a table I checked if I have to mention the voucher when booking. The voucher just said: 1.) Book a table. 2.) Print voucher. 3) Present voucher.
When arriving at the restaurant we got a table in a corner, next to the kitchen door separated from the 'main' area. The stuff and manager ignored us for about 15 minutes, when I finally got the waiter's attention and presented him the voucher. He didn't know what to do with it and gave them to the manager. The manager just said "2 minutes" and disappeared again. After another 20 minutes of waiting and being ignored, we asked politely if they gonna serve us (on a side note: they even didn't bring us water). The answer was very rude and direct: "You didn't mention the voucher when booking the table, now you have to wait." We then asked he wants us to leave and the manager said: "Yes, you can leave."
I never experienced such a bad service before.

7  Thank Anna L