“Yummy food in Dun Laoghaire, service could be better”
Review of Mao Dun Laoghaire

Mao Dun Laoghaire
Ranked #1,936 of 2,731 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Catch some fire in one of our newly refurbished Mao restaurants - Dublin's favourite Thai/Asian restaurant chain. Our chefs are dedicated to the art of Asian cuisine and their dedication ensures that all our dishes are prepared using only 100% Irish beef, the freshest of ingredients and keeping our cooking MSG and virtually fat free!
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Came here on Sunday as I had been to the market with himself and we were going to get food there but it was on the verge of raining. So we came to Mao as we had been here before. Waitress seemed uninterested whilst taking our order. Looked like she didn't want to be there. She did not give us the early bird menu, which I noticed she had given to 2 ladies dining at the next table. As a customer, I did not feel like I should have to ask for it. Anyway, the food came out very fast and it was absolutely gorgeous. I recommend the Thai chicken with cashews. I would definitely go again and would recommend to anyone who doesn't mind great food with a bit of bad service. Just don't leave a tip!

1  Thank Redzer2

Reviewed March 12, 2014

The menu here was simplified by corporate, and the restaurant design changed (they removed the giant fish tank beloved of kids). Most of my favorite items vanished from the menu and the current menu is much more 'fast food' like, as is the atmosphere.

It's okay, fine place to sit with kids as it's right on the sea front but I'd no longer go there for the food.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

very tasty food, a bit disappointing in that price goes up and portions size go down. Nice location, always tasty food and good service

1  Thank stripedcarrot
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Consistently good with friendly efficient staff, the food is always quick and easy due to the wok style cooking, great place if you are strapped for time, it’s pretty large so it’s easy enough to get a table as they turn over pretty quick when busy.

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Still waiting got started within 4 / 5 mins. Eek. I would say short staffed.
Won't come back.
I really have no idea what they are trying to do here. Starters came quickly.
But despite a lot of busy looking staff around the place we have no mains. turning up.
The place is not exactly packed.
Idea!!! A lot of effort seems to be spent on the come and collect folk.