“Cute and Quaint”

Cuisines: Irish, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: A friendly restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and delicious baked goods throughout the day. We have two locations in Dublin City Centre across from Dublin Castle, two minutes apart from each other. Drop in for a homemade scone with raspberry jam and cream, or a seasonal savoury tart.
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This very tiny restaurant is a wonderful place to rest your weary feet and have a cup of tea with a tart or a steamy bowl of homemade soup with delicious homemade bread. The prices were reasonable and the food was savory. It is located across from Dublin Castle on Corkhill street, close to main Dublin tourism center. There is a larger version with the same food in another location but the 'red' Queen of Tarts is the best as far as I'm concerned :)

Write a ReviewReviews (5,536)

Reviewed October 8, 2009

I have been in the "Queen of tarts" during my journey in Dublin and this is a place that deserves a visit. The atmosphere is very cosy and you feel to taste all the selection of the cakes. The staff is kind and service is fast. You can't miss that! :)

Reviewed October 1, 2009

With the good reviews of Queen Tarts, we were serious in trying it out ourselves when we went for a girls trip to Dublin last Sept. 24-27. Our verdict: yummy food. I was full already so it was a shame I wasn't able to taste any of their cakes. When in Dublin and looking for a place to eat breakfast and pastries, this is the place to come. It is along Dame street and walk towards the Christ Church Cathedral. The Queen of Tarts is just across the Dublin castle.

Reviewed September 30, 2009

I've spent 11 days in Dublin this year and ended up eating at Queen of Tarts 7 times. Sure, I had lots of other places on my list of places to eat, but I kept coming back for the satisfying savory tarts (my favorite is the goat cheese and tomato) served with bread, salad, a kind of sweet slaw (made with purple cabbage) and usually potatoes; the dessert tarts, crumbles and cakes and of course the obligatory pot of tea.

I've only been to the one on Dame Street. Since I've always found a table, I haven't yet checked out the one around the corner on Cow's Lane. The service has been friendly and never have I been rushed out, even though seating is at a premium. It's a great little "hole in the wall" and I wish I could rate the atmosphere higher than 5!

2  Thank KthSch
Reviewed September 15, 2009

this is a very small and cozy tea shop with a mouthwatering variety of cakes, biscuits and baking. just perfect for a romantic date or a get-together with friends. Had a delicious apple crumble, but could only eat half of it, since it was veryvery sweet. If you like it less sugary, ask the friendly waitress to recommend you something (which I should have done before). We went there at about 5 p.m. and it wasn't crowded at all. It's possilbe that this is because of the new shop the queen of tarts opened, only 5min away and much bigger.