“Loved it!”

Cuisines: Irish, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: A friendly restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and delicious baked goods throughout the day. We have two locations in Dublin City Centre across from Dublin Castle, two minutes apart from each other. Drop in for a homemade scone with raspberry jam and cream, or a seasonal savoury tart.
TX
“Loved it!”
Reviewed June 30, 2009

We stopped in for a late lunch, and it was wonderful! Very personable and kind, especially to tourists. My husband had a goat cheese and potato tart, and I had a sandwich, both of which were fabulous. Then we had the apple and blueberry crumble with cream. Seriously good! It is a sweet, quaint little place, and we are excited to have found it!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
“To be honest I was a little bit disappointed but it's nice”
Reviewed June 24, 2009

I had been walking by the Queen of tarts for years and had always loved the look of the place but for some reason just never went in... but it was on my list of places to try so maybe I built it up too much in my head because to be honest I was a little bit disappointed.

Its nice... thats really all you can say about it the service was nice, the food was nice, the bill was, i'm not sure nice is the right word for any bill but it wasn't not nice.

Am I damning with faint praise... I wouldn't say not to go but there are nicer places just doors away.

co. antrim
“delish!”
Reviewed June 22, 2009

I had read the reviews on here and when we stumbled upon the shop during our trip I just couldnt walk past! There are two shops now and as it was so darn god in the first one I went back the next day to try the other one!
Both shops are small and quaint. The tarts and scones are just gorgeous (if a little overpriced, buth then most things in dublin are!) and even the savoury tarts are so tasty! We even went back and got a box full to take home with us!

1 Thank yellwmoon51
Castleford, United Kingdom
“Not worth the hype”
Reviewed June 14, 2009

We called at the Queen of Tarts after reading the excellent reviews on trip advisor. The word dissapointed is an understatement. The cup cakes we ordered were stale and tasted as though they had been hanging around for about a week. You can pick up better quality cakes in a supermarket at a quarter of the price.

Liskeard, United Kingdom
“good tea room with scrummy cakes and tarts”
Reviewed May 31, 2009

went in here for lunch, fantastic scrummy cakes and snacks. not a restuaraunt as more of a top notch lunch place. there are two, we went to the one in cow lane, its well worth a visit and the cakes are to die for.......mmmmmm