“Fahrenheit Grill Clontarf Castle”
Review of Knights Bar

Knights Bar
Ranked #290 of 2,639 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Lovely meal in the Fahrenheit Grill, Clontarf Castle last Sat May 3rd 2014. Went there with some friends. We availed of the special offer menu. The location is excellent being part of the old castle and the layout good. The staff were efficient and courteous. The food was well presented and tasty. The wine a Spanish Tempanarillo and a Spanish Sauvignon Blanc were of good quality. We made a pact to return again soon!!

There are newer reviews for Knights Bar

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Dined in Knights Bar for Dinner on Tuesday the 22nd, had the fish n chips. Fish was fine but chips were only slightly warm.Picked at them as I was not v hungry. When waitress cleared table and asked how we enjoyed meal I mentioned the chips being cool,She came back and said Chef apologised for same.I should have sent back so my fault I didnt.
Ate in Indigo bar yesterday the 29th April for Lunch. Knights was closed. Ordered the Steak sandwich with chips.Chips were cold so I immediately called the waitress and she took them away and returned later with nice hot chips as they should be.The steak in the sandwich was mostly gristle (grizzle)and the meat was tough. The strips of meat was quite sparse compared to the dish a few years ago..I commented on this to the waitress and we asked for dessert menus. Anything to get the horrible taste from my mouth. She offered the desserts as complimentary . I had the fruits cheescake and my friend had the Apple Tart. Both were superb.
I wont be rushing back. Maybe Castle can check was it the same chef on both days.. .Quite expensive for what I got and especially as this is a 4 star Hotel.Didnt bother with the drinks after down there ,went to the Yacht pub and watched beautiful meals coming out to the tables and felt hungry...:(

Reviewed April 28, 2014

So to be clear this is a bar review only, the rooms and surroundings in the hotel are excellent. The Indigo Lounge function room is beautiful and the party food was excellent when we had it.

I have stayed in the hotel and attended functions and had a great time and been very impressed but Knights bar is such a let down in such a beautiful hotel.

First impressions are excellent, the bar is beautiful. This is where I feel things start to go awry. They are clearly understaffed here, tables take a long time to get cleared, service is slow but friendly. The food is average at best. Everything seems reheated or overcooked. It is not cheap and in the area in Clontarf at the same prices you can have far superior food in Wrights or the Yacht.

It feels like this is a bar living off the reputation that the hotel has built up over years and is in great need of some new management and new ideas.

Really disappointing and hopefully it will improve because this hotel deserves a great bar.

This review is based on repeat visits, I would not make assumptions after one visit. My most recent visit was April 2014

Reviewed April 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Castle for a short break this week. On this occasion we had our two daughters aged 6 and 5 months with us. Once again we thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The staff were friendly and courteous and the service was excellent as usual. We had a quiet room at the back of the hotel and a cot was provided as requested. We had tea in the bar which was very tasty and again the service was quick and efficient. Looking forward to our next visit already!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is a beautiful setting for a celebration, a night out with some entertainment or visit the busy bar with some friends. It suits all occasions.
The castle dates back to 1837, and is a key location of the Battle of Clontarf in 1014.
Well worth a visit. Reasonably priced rooms, dinner, staff very friendly.