“Of fairies and folklore: a magical evening” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of An Evening of Food, Folklore and Fairies

An Evening of Food, Folklore and Fairies
Ranked #1 of 72 Concerts & Shows in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience an enchanting evening of Irish folklore,storytelling and music while enjoying a candlelit traditional Irish dinner in Dublin's oldest Pub, The Brazen Head. Sit back , relax and let our renowned storytellers take you into a world of the imagination with wonderful insights and magical tales of Irish life in times past.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Of fairies and folklore: a magical evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

I clearly remember reading Enid Blyton during my childhood days. The elfs, the nyphs, the goblins and the fairies had quite fascinated me then. As I grew up, over the time I lost touch with all that. Here, I lived my childhood moments among fine wine and food. I had heard a lot of folklore and old tales and even read about this side of Ireland but it was one great experience when I experienced it first hand. This was a really great experience, one I will never ever forget.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Erica W

• Greek first
Humboldt, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great evening for all ages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

I went to this event with my mother (66) and my two sons (8 and 9). The evening was delightful. Very entertaining and interactive, but they don't put you on the spot, either. The time passed quickly, with a very good use of stories, music, food, and drink, so that you don't get bored or impatient. The stories were riveting, and the storyteller was so animated, she really set your imagination off! The food was great, too, and the Guinness was perfect! They were accommodating to the children, but not overly so, keeping the adults involved as well. Appropriate for all ages! I would definitely recommend this experience to anyone visiting Dublin!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank ChandlerSnell
Arlington, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A fun and educational evening in Dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

The food was quite good. The storyteller and the musicians were delightful. It was both entertaining and educational. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

Visited November 2013
Halden, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Irish storytelling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

We spent a very interesting and pleasant evening, with good food, wonderful traditional music and great entertainment. Helena Byrne is great at telling stories AND singing! Highly recommended!

Visited December 2013
Fairford, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Irish hospitality and fantastic storytelling, all in one evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I want Philip Byrne to come to my house to entertain my whole family for Christmas! What an amazing story-teller. He gives you great insight into the early history of Ireland, and helps you to track how old sayings, traditions, attitudes and folklore have followed us to the present day. Everyone there felt great affinity with their own Irish ancestors, and we certainly understand why we force-feed our own guests! And talking of food, the meal was lovely too, all fresh and beautifully served. Great waiting staff and jolly (if a little loud) musicians. I thoroughly recommend this evening to anyone who wants to know what makes Ireland and the Irish tick. A great night out.

Visited November 2013