“Folklore and fairies was a great surprise”

An Evening of Food, Folklore and Fairies
Ranked #1 of 72 Concerts & Shows in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience an enchanting evening of Irish folklore,storytelling and music while enjoying a candlelit traditional Irish dinner in Dublin's oldest Pub, The Brazen Head. Sit back , relax and let our renowned storytellers take you into a world of the imagination with wonderful insights and magical tales of Irish life in times past.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Our tour with cie included an evening a the Brazen Head Inn in Dublin. It was toward the end of the trip and we were tired. But what a great surprise the evening was. The dinner was good and we took our time. Then the storyteller came out and she was enchanting. I came home wanting to read more Irish folklore. If you are in Dublin don't miss this great way to spend an evening.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,283)
All reviews
in 64 reviews
"irish stories"
in 42 reviews

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was very sceptical when I heard about this night, I'm not usually one for sitting a listening to stories for too long. Although I have to say this evening was beyond doubt one of the highlights of my year, the way that the story teller (johnny) told each tales evoked such passion and joy that I left feeling elated.
I've recommended this event to many family and friends on their trips to Dublin and have heard great feedback!

Well done to all the people envolved!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

During a few hours we had the pleasure to listen to a fantastic Story teller (host: Johnny) who told us the history of Ireland in an most entertaining way. During the evening the story was split up in parts and between it a fantastic dinner with starter, main course and dessert.
What we appriciated most was the story of course, but mainly the way it was presented! We remembered the bedtime stories told by parents and grandparents and became children again... the way Johnny presented the story captured us all and we "lived the stories" through him.
That it all was framed in by the Brazen Head Pub with its history, good food and fantastic funny and skilled musicians completed a fantastic evening.
If you like stories, good food and Irish music this is the event you should visit!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

A little pricey for just so-so food and entertainment. We were expecting quite the show based on the reviews but were somewhat disappointed.

1  Thank ThreeFins
foodfolkandfairies, Owner at An Evening of Food, Folklore and Fairies, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

I am sorry that you did not get as much from the evening as our other guests do and hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Dublin.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a wonderful evening at the Brazen Head Inn. Ollie was our host for the evening and what a superb job he did! We were thoroughly entertained, very well fed and had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and all the staff were very attentive. The insight into Irish history was intriguing, leaving me wanting to find out more, and the stories of the Hidden Irish and Fairies were great. The atmosphere was lovely and there was plenty of opportunity to swap travel tips and 'must- see's' with your fellow table guests. A fabulous evening that I would unreservedly recommend to anyone visiting Dublin (especially if it's only a quick visit!).

2  Thank Emily M