“Wonderful fish pie”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Myself and my pal were attending the Connie French tribute nite last nite and decided to dine in the Terrace Cafe...We had not made reservations but we were there at 6pm and the concert didn't start till 8pm so we had no problem getting a table we were brought to the back of the restaurant maybe the seats at the front were reserved...We were served by a very pretty waitress from Argentina I ordered the Cesar salad to start which was a nice portion with great crunchy lettuce my friend didn't have a starter..we had two glasses of Cabernet Savignon which were tastie...then main course I had the fish pie which was great nice mashed potato and the pie was piping hot...my friend had the salmon and he said it was amazing great presentation we decided to have a red wine with dinner and the waitress recommended the Argentinian red which was good too...we then had two very good coffees's and it was time to leave for the concert....the only gripe I would have is that they brought out an extra mashed potato even though my friends dish had potato under the Salmon so we promptly sent it back...I hope my pal was not charged for it....and then when the dishes arrived the waitress that brought them out didn't know who's dish was for who just a tip it's nice when the waitress has taken the time to know this....
All in all a good experience...

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We booked a table for dinner before a concert. The restaurant is quite small so I would definitely suggest booking.

We chose two courses from the pre-theatre menu. Both courses were more then adequete in terms of portion size and lovely. Service was prompt and food was served within a short time. Staff were friendly and helpful and coped well during a busy time.

We also ordered interval drinks and cheese board through our waitress. The drinks and cheese were waiting for us as promised in the bar area and meant we missed waiting at the bar.

4  Thank Aberdeentraveller1
Reviewed January 30, 2012

The Terrace Cafe Restaurant at the National Concert Hall consists of two very pleasant rooms with elegant windows and high ceilings. The place was packed when we had a pre-concert dinner, but service was generally very good and staff managed to seem unfussed. We each had a main course and dessert: slow-cooked belly of pork for my partner, which he found tasty but a bit dry; and I had salmon fricassee of potato, bacon and baby sprouts, which I enjoyed. We had delicious creme brulée for dessert, plus tea/coffee, and a glass of wine was included in the price of €27.50, which is pretty fair for Dublin. Good atmosphere too, lively and cheerful but no feeling of being crowded out.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

I have eaten here on a number of occasions pre-theatre and must say that I have found the offerings to be consistently very good. You do pay for the quality and the fact that you are in the National Concert Hall and don't need to venture outside again before the performance. On this occasion I took a friend, visiting from London to the RTE Concert Orchestra's Christmas Cinema Classics. Great night had by al!

Reviewed December 3, 2011

I was invited by my friend to a Christmas Concert at the Dublin National Concert Hall. (RTE Orchestra, Guiness Choir, Alex Sharpe and Cormac Kenevey. Introduced by Liz Nolan) Before the concert we had dinner at the Terrace Cafe. We had the Christmas special meal which was a fixed cost but with wine, coffee and extras the bill came to €91. I thought it was expensive for the location but the meal was extremely good, the service wear excellent and we had a very nice evening together so we left happy. If the cost of the meal is important to you, check the prices on the web sire or on the menu before going to the restaurant. If money is no object you will have a nice meal.