“Impressive!”

Ranked #424 of 2,665 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Halfway House has been a popular establishment for over eighty years. Over the years it has been modernised to the highest standards of traditional decor including open fireplaces, function room and restaurant.The Halfway House is famous throughout north Dublin area for its friendly atmosphere, its efficient and courteous staff and its high quality carvery food.The Mulberry Restaurant is open Wed-Sat for A La Carte & early bird menu. On Sundays we serve Lunch and A La Carte.
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Ate here last weekend and we were very surprised at the fabulous new interior as we hadn't been here for a while. We were a party of eight and not one person in our group was unhappy with the food or the service. The new menu has something for everyone and with myself being a vegetarian I was well catered for. The service was excellent, great value for money and we can see ourselves becoming regulars here.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Went here last Friday night for a quick bite. Pub was very quiet for a Friday, which was nice as we were able to talk. The older blonde waitress breezed past us quite a few times before we could get her attention for some menus. Another waitress took our order. This is when things really went downhill. We waited almost 40 minutes just for some burgers! Eventually they arrived but the waitress, despite asking who had ordered what, gave us all the wrong plates. Unfortunately I did not realise this until I had taken a bite out of the burger and gotten mushroom - I hate mushrooms. On the plus side the burgers were well cooked and a generous portion. The choice of toppings was very good too and varied. Service needs to be more attentive and quicker to deserve a higher rating.

1  Thank PirateLola
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Visited Halfway house and decided to have lunch. Food good and service very quick. I would recommend the Halfway house to people passinf to try the food.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We may have been unlucky in our timing, but we were extremely disappointed in the food we had. I had the bacon and cabbage, my husband the beef. The bacon was very salty and the potatoes that came with it tasted old and overdone. My husband liked the beef, but does not like cabbage and there was no alternative.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Whenever I get back to Dublin I love to visit the Halfway House for the carvery lunch. It's been over 20 years since I first had lunch there, and it's still great. The menu differs each day, the staff are great, the prices reasonable, and the seating comfortable.
If you're on your way out of/or in to Dublin, it's a place worth stopping.