“Shortfalled”

The Saddle Room Restaurant
Ranked #202 of 2,560 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kildare Street
Description: Named after The Shelbourne’s historic dining rooms, The Saddle Room is a restaurant in Dublin, Ireland, offering a relaxed atmosphere and a modern menu specializing in steak, oysters and seafood. New seasonal menu coming soon.
perth
“Shortfalled”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I really can't fault this restaurant.but something is holding me back from giving a really high rating.The food was good .the service good.the staff good.
Maybe I was expecting too much.But this is the Shelbourne.Irelands Iconic hotel for nearly a century.
Is my disquiet because it's a Marriott? I like Marriotts.But do I like Marriotts in Dublin?

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank calatrava

New York City
“Inedible!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had wonderful breakfasts here each morning and thought, on our last day, why not try lunch. What an atrocious decision and meal. Our beef was literally the kind of preparation and quality that one would find 30 years ago in an Irish country pub that had no skill in the kitchen. The vegetables were so flavorless and poorly prepared.

My daughter ordered from the kid's menu and had the pasta a pomodoro which was overcooked pasta with the tomato soup she just ate poured over it.

I think the waiters are used to the bad reaction because after we all sat looking at our uneaten plates for 20 minutes the waiters came by and picked them up without asking whether we liked our meal. This place is a waste of calories and money.

Visited August 2012
North East England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Dining Experience - Wonderful Staff”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Enjoyed my meal at the Saddle Room.
The surroundings are pleasant and the staff are friendly and efficient.
Nice touch that the sommelier explains all about your chosen wine to you.
My steak was cooked to perfection as were the side dishes.
The only disappointment was the shrimp cocktail starter which
was uninspiring and poorly presented, but overall, a very enjoyable
experience made special by the wonderful staff.

• Visited August 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Fab place...”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Had the pleasure to visit this restaurant for a special family occasion and this restaurant did not let us down,as a matter of fact,it excelled all our expectations.It was a Saturday night and as expected The Shelbourne was very busy so we skipped a pre dinner drink in the bar and went straight to the restaurant.We were greeted by a very friendly host and just knew this evening had kicked off to a great start.We were introduced to our waitress Adrienne and what a gem she turned out to be....if awards were given out for staff members,she would be right up at the top!!!Her level of attentiveness and friendliness is something you find a little too rare today.We opted for the set dinner menu,3 course,which was E39.50 and this proved excellent value.The food was of the highest quality I have had the pleasure to sample and I hope The Shelbourne can keep the wonderful and talented chef/chefs that produced such fine cusine !!! My niece was brought a beautifully presented dessert with her name on the plate that really made her evening and another very charming waiter gave both children a littlle present.Its these touches that seperate restaurants in standards and set a very high bar to follow. The Saddle Room has got this spot on and I commend each and every one of the staff members that contribute to making this such a fine restaurant.......Visit this wonderful establishment...you will not be disappointed !!!!!

• Visited July 2012
Dublin
“Not a Fan”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My sister loves it here so she brought us in for one. Could be a nice enough setting but i didn't like the clientele. How do i put this, there appeared to be a few 'Ladies of the night' looking to bag themselves a rich one for the night.

• Visited April 2012