Tripadvisor
Dublin
Post
Inbox
Search

“Christmas party, perfect location”
Review of The Oak

The Oak
Ranked #359 of 3,349 Restaurants in Dublin
Description: The Oak - A spot oozing with elegance and old world charm. The Oak is a stunning continental café bar with contemporary Irish food and full drinks menu that effortlessly brings you from day to night.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked the small room downstairs for our post Christmas party drinks and it was great. The staff were friendly, there is a small bar so we could order drinks from there, and the rooms was the perfect size and decorated lovely. We will be back and would highly recommend.

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (462)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Special mention to the lovely doorman he was a credit to th place. Most of the bar staff were top except for a young lady with an English accent who was so rude and had such an attitude. However she was the only one who let the place down.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We tried The Oak as part of a food tour. First, the wait staff were very friendly and took great care of us. To eat, we had the fish & chips and the beef & Guinness pie. My wife loved the pie, but said it definitely needed the extra cup of sauce. My fish & chips were just okay. The mushy peas were pretty good, but needed something else in them (of course, I’m not a big fan of peas). My fish was pretty tasty (tasted really fresh), but I found a couple of bones in it (not good...and kind of spoiled the meal). The accompanying Guinness really hit the spot.

Overall, pretty solid food. I guess I’d recommend it, but don’t go out of your way. There are better fish & chips around town.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is always a great choice for city centre drinks. The decor is beautiful and there is always a lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed January 8, 2020

So each year I organise a Christmas reunion party with friends and colleagues as a final chance to meet up before everyone goes their separate ways for the holidays. I booked the "Whiskey Bar" downstairs in the Oak which will hold roughly 40 people. From the get go the venue was really responsive to emails and then on the night the staff were really great and took fantastic care of us. We had our own dedicated bar and staff member - she was an absolute rockstar.
I arrange some sharing platters of food for the guests, sliders/ chicken and they were absolutely delicious, I have been craving them since.
So I would have no hesitation in recommending the Oak for a function or even just for drinks and food. Ideally located nice and central.

Date of visit: December 2019