“Stopped off for a coffee and beer.”
Review of The Townhouse

The Townhouse
Ranked #1,635 of 3,259 Restaurants in Dublin
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We found Powerscourt shops more by accident, but came across The Townhouse. It was only about 11.00am, we had been walking for a couple of hours so decided to have a drink.

Service was prompt, I think one girl was in training, because when she brought the Latte she apologised and said the heart was more like an onion. We all had a little laugh.

We stayed for about an hour or so, enough time to have another drink. It started to get busy so we paid and left.

Definitely would go back if in the area. prices were good along with the service.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (18)

Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

Place was almost empty, yet we were asked to move to a smaller table, in case there was a rush. There was not. Bored waiting staff spent most of their time chatting to each other. Had smallest double espresso ever. Avoid.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

I went here with 6 friends. 4 of us ate, 3 had coffee. I got the potato and leek soup, if that’s what you could call it. It was basically water. No taste or consistency. I also got the vegetarian linguine. It had no taste or flavour - I couldn’t eat it. My friends got the Full Irish. One of them found hairs in it. The meal seemed like it was prepared in a microwave. Neither finished this also. On top of this, they added a service charge for groups over 5 - although only 4 of us ate. This was only mentioned to us as we received our bill - which they would not split.
To summarise, I would not go back here. The food was over priced, tasteless and poorly prepared.
The only positive was that they had a lot of seating.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed October 15, 2018

My daughter and I ate here prior to shopping at This is Knit in Powerscourt. I ordered a scone and tea, she ordered soup I believe. While the food was all excellent, the service was the worst we had ever seen in two trips to Ireland. No water after asking three times, slow delivery of food, no attention at all, actually ignoring us as she walked by, and couldn't get the check....went to the counter for the check and manager excused service by saying the person was "new"....it was so bad she must have never been in a restaurant prior to being hired. Actually we should have had a reduction on the check but there was no offer to do so.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Delicious food in a lovely atmosphere... good variety of choices. A nice children’s menu. Attentive staff.

Date of visit: July 2018