“Disappointing service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant 1014 - CLOSED

Restaurant 1014
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Disappointing service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Although the food was tasty, the staff were very unfriendly. We were made feel very unwelcome throughout our meal.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Voyager91819

dublin,ireland
“Nice place to meet for coffee, 1014 cafe Clontarf”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

On Friday 20th December I met 7 work colleagues here for coffee at 11.30 am. There was plenty of on-street parking in the adjacent streets. The staff greeted us warmly and showed us to our table. I ordered a latte and a scone. The scone came on a big plate as there was a cranberry jam/sauce and fresh whipped cream. The latte was very good. The scone was perfectly fresh and delicious. The rest of the group arrived sporadically and we had coffee at different times. We sat near the door, but because the door is double there was no draft. The cafe is very comfortable and the decor is pleasing to the eye. There was plenty of space and no noise at all so I was able to converse perfectly with my colleagues. Looking out the window the view was splendid, and we could see the boats coming into the port of Dublin. The Sugarloaf mountain in Wicklow was not too visible that day. I enjoyed my stay and I would consider this one of the best meeting places around Dublin 13. The bill for myself? I could not believe it when I was charged a mere 4 euro. This is great value, and I think it is due to a low charge for coffee and a bun in the morning but I am not sure. I was expecting 6 euro or more as the scone was very good. Highly recommended.

• Visited December 2013
Kelowna, Canada
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We ate here several times as we were staying in a nearby B&B. The food was excellent. They have local organic chicken and I can honestly say it is the best I have ever tasted and I can say the same for the scones which we had right out of the oven. Every meal was excellently prepared and beautifully presented. I noticed a couple of reviewers complaining about the wait staff. No, they are not your new best friends, but they provide excellent, attentive service. I found them very professional. No one mentioned the delightful fact that all the profits from this restaurant go to Caring & Sharing, supporting people with disabilities, so it is pretty hard to complain about the price, which is not cheap, but still very much in line with other restaurants. The place has a very light and bright and clean atmosphere and washrooms are pleasant too. I was disappointed on my last day, as I wanted one more scone and they were closed on that day.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank MillicentMayflower
“A memorable birthday dinner.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriends mother bought me a birthday voucher for a meal here. Managed to get a table with a fantastic view of Dublin Bay. We got a serving of wonderful brown bread, (so nice we bought some to take home). The starters of scallops and home made pâté was spot on. The main of steak was amazing. I like steak and am often disappointed when I eat out. So much so that I rarely order steak out. This is one of the rare times I've eaten steak which actually might be better than mine!!

Service was great too. I'm a little perplexed by the bad reviews on trip advisor but will be coming again. Maybe people are getting the cafe upstairs confused? Maybe it's the Clontarf massif getting snooty.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sachaindubs
Dublin, Ireland
“Wont be rushing back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Saturday - 6pm - no reservation - 2 people

We were accommodated - 4 couples / groups after us were turned away because restaurant fully booked.

Only 6 other customers in the restaurant while we were there

We had seafood chowder, lamb burger and fish & chips.

The chowder was bland, the lamb burger was a struggle - left half the burger and the complete bun on my plate, the chips were tired and not crisp and crunchy as you would expect when you are paying €18 for a burger and chips.

The one saving grace was the fish which was excellent.

Service was good.