“Cosy place with a chiilled out vibe”

Times Hostels - Camden Place
Ranked #20 of 120 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place ticked all the usual boxes but the free dinner one night of three was a highlight and although I didn't use it, the beers in the vending machine were a nice touch.
I don't won't to downplay this place by saying it's nothing special, that is not the case, instead it is everything you would expect it to be, and they do it well.
I had no trouble meeting new people and this place had a pretty communal kind of vibe, which was nice.
This hostel is not 'in the thick of it' (probably seen by many as a plus) but there are many pubs/clubs near by and it is only really a 5-10 minute stroll to templebar if that's where you want to be (and you have to go there at least once)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Times Hostels - Camden Place

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was extremely impressed with the hostel, especially that it was so good for such little money and so close to the centre of Dublin. I went as part of a stag party and had zero complaints. Very good stay. The man behind was very helpful in helping us find bars nearby for our nights out, and everybody seemed friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed three days there and the place was well located and had wifi in the room. The only bad part was that it is in front of a disco and it was possible to listen to the music in the room, we could even use the app shazam to recognise the songs.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This hostel is great! It is clean, safe, and full of amenities that help make your visit memorable and fun. The common spaces are comfortable, respectful, and very tidy. Frank, the manager, is very helpful, funny, and approachable. The location is within walking distance of many Dublin attractions. I had a lot of fun hanging out and meeting new people in the hostel. I will definitely be staying here on my future trips to Dublin. I absolutely loved this place. I HIGHLY recommend staying here!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Nice and clean rooms, nice and helpful staff, good atmosphere, free breakfast coffee and tea in a clean kitchen for very very little money. Really worth it. I have never written any review but i was so content, i have to.
ps. it is in the centre, so a bit noisy but not disturbing (for us-three youngsters)

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I've been a few days in this hostel and I recommend it to EVERYONE. The hostel staff is wonderful with customers, in our case, we attended HECTOR, and his attention was magnified. The price is great, quality and excellent service. Coming back next year

Room Tip: I've been a few days in this hostel and I recommend it to EVERYONE. The hostel staff is wonderfu...
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The Hostel is so central to the Harcourt party area and St. Stephens Green for shopping, its ideal for a night out in Dublin. Hostel is very clean, spotless but the one downfall was the room was FREEZING when we returned that night, had to go downstairs and get a plug in heater otherwise we would have froze. For the money we paid, 40 each for a twin bunk bed room, I found it a bit dear but its so close to Copper Face Jacks its great. Also it can be noisy in the night time with the night club music pounding so definly suitable for the younger clientele.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a heater brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr