“small but nice”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Reviewed January 20, 2014

just stayed one night- room and bathroom small, but very nicely appointed - view not great - would ask for the front of house overlooking the green. bar and restaurant lovely, friendly staff, great location.

1  Thank andrea T
There are newer reviews for The Cliff Townhouse

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed here for one night. Great location overlooking Stephens Green. The overall experience was a real let down due to pretty awful service. Nobody asked once during our stay how we were. Breakfast was poor and bitty. Room was large, quaint, great view but in need of a touch up (eg scuff marks clearly visible on dark wallpaper)
Hotel needs to improve its service quite considerably.
Disappointing

1  Thank Diarmaid
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Brought here on a work party so didn't pay but have heard is expensive. Food not really my cup of tea very rich and heavy. Waiters were not very pleasant, seemed to be in a bad mood, maybe they were because it was Christmas and very busy. Would not be in a hurry to visit again.

1  Thank molly901
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Dined here recently with 5 family members. We had a lovely snug table to ourselves which was great. The food is exceptional we all had different dishes and each one was amazing. The only small thing I would say is that I was asked if I wanted a whole lobster and I went for a half thinking it would be enough however it was very small. We did not find the bill for our group to be overly expensive, it is not the cheapest place to dine but the prices are fitting to the food offerings. Our waiter was very friendly and efficient without being overbearing, we all really enjoyed the evening and are looking forward to going back.

1  Thank CDublin23
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I ate here recently with 5 friends at 6 pm, we had been informed that the menu cost €55 - we had had a lovely meal here during the Summer at a reasonable price which we enjoyed so much we decided to return for our Christmas night out.

There was an Early Bird menu priced at €31.50 in the display case outside, so I enquired about this from our waiter. Another waiter/manager? then came to the table and said this menu should not have been displayed. We ordered our food and wondered if we needed to also order some side dishes, which were individually priced. A waiter other than the one who took our order suggested we order some side dishes, which we did, the portion of potatoes was tiny. I feel that sufficient vegetable should be supplied when you are paying €55 per head.

My portion of venison was tiny, and one of my friends had to send back her fish main course as it was not hot.

It is unfortunate to see restaurants taking advantage of the Christmas Season to fleece the customers. I will not be back.

1  Thank TonaghAnn