“Great tour of a lovely place”

Day Tours Unplugged
Ranked #15 of 105 Outdoor Activities in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Best Small group Day Tours from Dublin, 16 persons max. TA Certificate of Excellence 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. Tour Wicklow & Glendalough. Discover Newgrange and Boyne valley a UNESCO World heritage site, older than the Pyramids. Guides are Failte Ireland Approved and badged, don't settle for less. Support sustainable tourism tour with like minded guests in small groups.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Took the risk of taking the tour in winter and as we all know Irish weather is a little bit unpredictably thats why I was so impressed when Damien, our guide and driver reversed the tour so we would get the best weather and views in Wicklow mountains, he gave us so much time and information and even offered us extra clothes he had stored in the van if we got cold. The van/bus itself was perfect, very roomy and comfortable, we were lucky I suppose to get only 7 people for the tour but it would've been great if full too I think. Damien talks the whole time or plays irish music this was so great cos we got so much history of Ireland and he tried to answer everyones questions as best he could too.

The tour itself is very well set up, The places you visit are well worth it and it was the best value one I've done.

damian21, Owner at Day Tours Unplugged, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for visiting Ireland, and many thanks for your valuable custom I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us and we look forward to seeing you back on one of our many half day and full day tour options from Dublin in the very near future.

All reviews
"booked this tour"
in 8 reviews
"excellent driver"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Fantastic day tour of Wicklow, Glenadalough and Malahide Castle.

Scenic views even in winter which we thought was great,.can imagine how beautiful it must be in Spring and summer!

Tour guide Damien was excellent- his knowledge of Ireland (and indeed the world having traveled and lived in several countries) was a real asset. Very accommodating and sensible for eg. changing the itinerary to best match the weather so that we could see the maximum during day light hours
The tours start at a reasonable time in the morning and you're back not too late which is great,. They dont stop for lunch so feel free to eat on the go.
Malahide was good, but not that essential our guide wasnt great but it was a good time none the less.
Well worth the cost.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

While in Dublin, I did the Wicklow, Glendalough and Malahide Castle full day tour. As I waited at my pick-up location, there was no bus to be found. A Mercedes sedan arrived in its place. Damian, the driver, informed me that there were only four booked for the tour and so as not to disappoint and cancel altogether, he used a company car instead so we would be more comfortable and cozier. Damian was certainly a gentleman, historian and storyteller all wrapped up into one! He made sure our every whim and comfort was met along the way. There was never a lull in conversation, with something to be told at every twist and turn. It was a spectacular cold, crisp but sunny December day. Perfect for all of the amazing photo opportunities Damian had allowed us! I had only booked this one tour, but in a heartbeat, I would do any others if given the opportunity again. Thanks for a lovely day and introduction to the Irish countryside!!

3  Thank Gail J
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had a great time at the tour. There was plenty of information but also enough free time to explore. Martin our driver/ tourguide was great!

1  Thank Mardy-Eline