“Service With A smile.”

and 1 more site!
Clyde Court Hotel
Ranked #77 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Selection of this hotel was last minute, at random. Luckily for us it turned out to be a gem.
Spent two days here with a friend and thoroughly enjoyed the service. a special mention for the receptionist called Georgia who was super efficient in her job.
From check in to check out, no problems.
If I could describe the hotel decor, then it would have to be a cross between Art Deco and an early century quintessent gentleman's club with deep red colours.
Our room had all the amenities to be expected in a four star hotel, including tea/coffee making facilities. Very comfortable twin beds.Bathroom exhaust fan did not work but no big deal. View of the sports stadium from our window.
Breakfast is buffet with a chef serving you. Plenty of choice of cereals, fresh fruits, breads and of course the ' Irish ' eggs, fried or scrambled, bacon, sausage, potatoes, mushrooms, black pudding, and Irish pudding. A definite tasty fill up for the day ahead.
The hotel location is a good twenty five minutes walk from O' Connell Street. Alternatively a number 4 or 7 bus leaves from a stop just around the corner on Northumberland Road every 6 or 8 minutes, which takes you to the centre of town at the cost of 2:15 Euro's. If you like the train then Lansdowne Road station is just 5 minutes walk East and a train every 10 minutes to Tara or Connelly stations is very convenient, at the cost of 4 Euro's.
A taxi from Dublin's Airport to the hotel cost 25 Euro's.

Room Tip: Room 502 the furthest from the lifts.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sebbs

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Will admit that, prior to arrival, I was a bit concerned re. my choice. Reason being a couple of reviews seen prior. Now you should not let that affect your considerations too much. As it later turned out, the respective reviewers must have been exceptionally unlucky with room assignment and service aspects. My impression certainly was/is of a different kind, therefore I will likely consider this hotel next time in Dublin. Not the least due to its location and price.

Once among the top 4-5 hotels in Dublin, it still bears the mark of a good hotel, even if somewhat run down and in need of maintenance. On entry you're greeted in a very spacious 5 star look-alike lobby, friendly and service minded staff.

I don't know about all the rooms on this hotel but myself traveling as single got a good size room on the 7th floor, in good condition but with a few minuses, one of which became apparent the next day.

The hotel was allegedly fully booked on my arrival and the next morning I barely had any water pressure in the shower. Filed a complaint at the desk that morning and were told that it most likely was due to the hotel being full and "everyone" taking a shower during the morning hours.

But the low water pressure did not improve the next day, for while it looked ok from the sink in the bathroom, the shower remained drizzling. It wasn't until my last night they got this fixed. Unnecessary and thus I'd urge the hotel mgmt to pay more attention to whatever guests are reporting. It should have been fixed immediately, a bit annoying to shower with minimum water. New guests should consider to book room on a lower floor, however I don't know IF this in fact would have helped.

Air conditioning worked but poorly and on my arrival it also made a lot of noise. This was dealt with but while the "hovercraft" like sound went away, it did not improve much on performance. Yet was adequate for my needs.

Else, breakfast served was good and selection in plenty for me but why not making English style breakfast into a buffet? It doesn't make any logistical sense to have someone to cater you for standard choices, unless you want something special. Staffing at the counter not adequate if lots of guests were eating at the same time. The only reason for this arrangement must be cost control (?). Poor choice IMHO.

I dined at the hotel by two occasions, neither of which was gastronomical experiences but that said, the food was well prepared, tasted good and more than adequate for my needs/desires.

The aforementioned issues, a little slow response on crucial issues such as water pressure in the shower, presence of mold a silicone in the sink and a few other details made me give this hotel the rating of 3, but a strong 3. Had the above been fixed and/or changed it would have gotten a solid 4!

Still, despite this and due to location (a few minutes away from a DART station), the spacious feel and overall good location, I will likely consider this hotel again but expect that, if they continue to promote themselves as a 4 star hotel, reported issues will be dealt with.

4 stars to friendly and helpful/attentive staff, also at the front desk. That it took forever to get the shower/water pressure fixed wasn't their fault.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank KnutM
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I always stay at the Clyde when visiting Dublin, It feels likes home.
Lovely friendly staff in comfortable surroundings. A nice walk into town.Also nice restaurants around Ballsbridge and Baggot St. The Clyde has been able to keep its charm and quality of the Berkeley Court.

1  Thank Gina316
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We have stayed at the Clye Court three times since last summer and all three have been fantastic stays. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and make the relaxing setting that bit more enjoyable. We ate in the restaurant also and found Breakfast and dinner extremely enjoyable also. highly recommended.

1  Thank Declan_Doherty
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed in this hotel sunday & monday last weekend,and it brought back memories of times spent in the old berkeley court .it changed its name to D4,I stayed twice but both were disasters.now however the new clyde court is back and even better.firstly the receptionists were friendly & very helpful.the rooms are roomy ,well laid out and well designed.we had dinner in the hotel restaurant,and i must say it was fabulous from start to finish ,with great choices on the menu.it easily compares to any top restautants in dublin of which we have tried quite a few,and is much more reasonable too.the dining room is remodeled,and is bright & plenty of space in the new booths.the restaurant staff were excellent as well ,very attentive and friendly.the breakfast was the best i have had in many a stay in dublin,a great selection and tea & coffee brought to your table,a nice touch.as we stay 5 or 6 times a year in dublin,the clyde court will definitely be our first choice & have already recommended it to all our friends .keep up the good work,just like old times,brilliant !!!!!!!

Room Tip: ask for a view overlooking new aviva stadium,very impressive indead
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We booked 3 Junior suites as it was a special occasion for my Mother in Law and Father in Law. When we walked in the door we were meet with a great smile from the receptionists They could not have been more helpful during our whole stay. From the basics to the out of the way requests like finding fishing shops for my brother in law. The rooms were spacious and beds were comfortable. Our bathroom was a little tired but the other 2 were beautifully finished. For a Junior suite in a 4 star hotel there was neither bottled water or a biscuit to take with your Tea or Coffee. Breakfast were plentiful with a good variety of fresh food on offer. We did have a meal on the 2nd evening and the food was excellent but service was a bit slow. Paul one of the hotel managers got talking to us and he seems so enthusiastic that with his guidance this hotel will be up at the top in the next couple of years if not before. We had issues and they were quickly dealt with by the management.The location is great for the Fabulous Avia stadium and Ballsbridge area. The Dart train system is only a couple of 100m from the hotel.

Room Tip: If staying in Junior Suite dont ask for 325!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was back in Dublin after being away for far too long and didn't really know where to stay as I usually stay with relatives. This time around I came with my extended family and I was advised to stay at the Clyde Court Hotel.

I was not dissapointed!

I would like to single out the manager Paul Beehan whose dictionary doesn't simply include the word "no"! Paul did a great job organising a family lunch for me which had 30 guests. The service was great and no one wanted to leave!

The inside of the hotel has a nice "old world" feel to it. We stayed in the junior suite which was very spacious. The bed was large and comfortable. The only issue I had was that the air conditioning was not ready for the glorious weather we had, 25 degrees!

The breakfast was hearty, every morning a full Irish breakfast was on offer as well as other cereals, breads and cold cuts. After 4 days of eating the full Irish breakfast I gave my arteries a rest and went for the fruit!

The location of the hotel is great, just 10 minutes drive to St. Stephen’s Green. There is a taxi rank just outside the hotel which always has taxis which is really convenient.

Overall I had a great stay and would recommend it to others.

The staff were always very friendly and accommodating, they really couldn't enough for us and that is what I will remember the most.

Room Tip: If you are in need of space go for the junior suite.
1  Thank darrencerasi