“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #73 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Limerick, Ireland
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is a lovely hotel in an excellent location. It really has some old fashioned character. The room was bright and airy..not like some hotel room which are really hot and stuffy. Staff were friendly and helpful. Had to pay for parking which was a bit of a down side.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
TulaneManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Clyde Court Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest

So glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will visit us again.

Clyde Court Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Greek first
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed May 26, 2013

First impressions were very good. Great location , just enough off beaten track to be quiet at night , but 10 mins walk from whatever you are looking for in Dublin. Reception , bar , restaurant all very nice , however room was a let down. Very small bed , TV broken , water pressure low ( I wasn't showering at peak time ) and paper thin walls , I could over hear everything the couple in the next room said and it didn't seem to me that they were shouting. The room rate was very good , but I do know that in peak times you are paying a fair whack. Good value for money on the rate I paid but would have been annoyed if I was paying top euro.

• Stayed May 2013
TulaneManagement, Manager at Clyde Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest

I'm disappointed to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I will investigate the issues raised regarding your TV and water pressure immediately.

Amsterdam
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed there last week and from check in we were not impressed. Firstly a junior staff member hurriedly checked us in with no additional info (breakfast times and location) even though there was no one else checking in. We go to the room with our 2 key cards and only later (after leaving our room with our belongings in it!!) did we realise the key cards did not work and the room door was open all the time (note to self always check room is closed behind you). After going back down to reception we were told we needed a metal key for that room (their mistake but the response of another staff member was 'It happens') and that there was only one key. Since there was 2 of us and we were going different places the next day I said we needed to have 2 keys, their solution was to drop and pick the key up at reception all day. I mentioned that with the amount of people around on the Heineken Cup Final we might have to queue each time and came up with the suggestion that they moved us to another room the next day. We didn't end up doing that as the same lady that checked us in was there the next morning. On that morning we left the room with the 'Please clean my room now' label on the door, on returning at 2.40pm (4 hours later) the room was still not done even though no other room had that label hanging on their door when we left and one of the cleaning staff saw us leaving the room. I'd like to point out I do not blame the cleaning lady, she seemed to be working hard. Breakfast was good although the first day we were shown to a door (not to a seat) of another room where there was a basic breakfast and did not know the main breakfast was in the other room with a bigger selection. On our last morning we were woken up at 6am by someone screaming and kicking at a door for a good 10 minutes. I opened my door to be faced with a guy in his underpants who was locked in the fire exit! Of course this is not the hotels fault and I can laugh at the image now!!Overall though am disappointed. I can accept the dated and small rooms etc...but bad and casual service leaves an impression. On the plus, if you are going to the RDS or Aviva the location is ideal!

Room Tip: Don't get a room with a metal key!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmsterdamShamrock
Dear Guest

I'm disappointed to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us as we pride ourselves on our hospitality and customer service at Clyde Court Hotel. I will discuss the issues raised with our management team and see if we can get to the bottom of it. If you wish to talk directly with me please contact pbeehan@clydecourthotel.com.

Tokyo
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed here for business. The breakfast is superb - great sausages, eggs, mushrooms, bread, cereals, etc. My praise stops there. The rooms are tiny, the temperature either way too cold or too hot, outdated bathroom, uncomfortable bed. The location isn't the greatest - a good walk to the city centre but in pleasant weather, this is fine; in the rain, take a cab. Better yet, don't stay here at all.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank chickendip
Katy, Texas
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The receptionist and staff were polite and friendly. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. However, they are very skimpy on the towels available for each guest. Rooms needed touch-ups ~ baseboards and paint in bathroom especially. No a/c in the room we were in. Windows opened but no screens. No free Wi-Fi. The bar was very nice and relaxing and the restaurant was good for both breakfast and dinner. Close to the DART.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Liberty Twp. Ohio
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed at the Clyde Court Hotel on May 12th and May 19th, the first and last night of our Ireland tour. The hotel was not in the center of the city, but was in walking distance to some local pubs. You can catch the bus at the corner or take a taxi into the center of the city. The rooms were clean and had plenty of space. Breakfasts were provided and we had no complaints about the amount or quality of the food. There would be no reason not to recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ohiogil
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here foe the rugby - 2 mins to the Aviva. There are mixed reviews on triadvisor but found nothing to fault. It was a strange weekend as the rugby brought a lot of people in but I thought they handled the event well - great atmosphere in the bar on match day.ddont know what he atmosphere would be like if there had been no rugby - I would have thought a bit dead

Walked into the centre, took about 20 mins , a cab is about euro. The rooms were clean, the food ok - most people would probably eat out if on a weekend break. I was on a corporate jolly so didnt spend a lot, but did see the tarrif and thought a bit pricey ( dont want to be ungrateful to my hosts!)

The staff were perfectly friendly , as you would expect in Eire.

Would stay there again without a problem, but if I could get cheaper for to the city , I would do that.

• Stayed May 2013