“Quiet and Affordable Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clyde Court Hotel

Clyde Court Hotel
Ranked #68 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Los Angeles, California
“Quiet and Affordable Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband had a conference in Dublin and I tagged along. At the last minute my sister was able to join us, so we needed a larger room. We were able to upgrade to a suite for just a little bit more. Wow! The room was huge! Perhaps 3x the size of a regular room. It was a little outdated and there were some spots on the carpet, but I still felt the place was quite clean. My husband and my bed was very comfortable; the rollaway for my sister wasn't super great but it worked. The bathroom was almost as large as one of the regular rooms and had a huge (but outdated) tub.

Transportation to the city was very close by. We'd also just walk into the city sometimes as it was a nice walk passing either St. Stephen's or Marion Park.

The breakfast was amazing! It was on par with breakfasts at 5 star resorts in my opinion. The selection might be a little less, but the quality was fantastic. I was very surprised, as I only expected basic, dry, sugary food (or what you typically get at a continental breakfast in the U.S.) but it was much, much better.

I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite! It's worth the little extra money.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Greek first
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel as you walk in looks great, with large nicely decorated areas, unfortunately as we quickly discovered the reallity is as thin as the veneer on the coffee tables. We stayed for approximately 14 hours and in that time failed to find any member of staff who could be bothered to provide any standard of service above poor. The food we were served was tasteless and some of our party complained it was cold. The bar staff seemed to be continually arguing with the waiters and our waiters at dinner could hardly speak enough English to as who wanted to order what. The final straw was when we were asked to leave the breakfast area because they hadn't been asked to start the serving 15 mins earlier than normal as we had a ferry to catch. Not so bad had the head waiter not lost his temper in the process. I'll find somewhere else for my next stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RAW1000
TulaneManagement, Front Office Manager at Clyde Court Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear RAW1000

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. I'm disappointed to hear you had service issues at the hotel as we pride ourselves in our customer service and hospitality. I will discuss your comments with our Restaurant Manager.

If you wish to discuss this matter further please contact me directly on dmccann@clydecourthotel.com

Kind regards
Des McCann
Clyde Court Hotel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel as part of a bus-tour of Ireland. We checked in early, due to an early flight to Dublin. The front desk staff was very accommodating and got us the last room in the hotel. The room was very small, but clean. The tv was an old tube-type with only 8 stations on it. It did have a 110v outlet above the desk, which was a plus. It was a five minute walk to the US Embassy, and a really nice pub, I think it was called Bellamy's, where my wife and shared our first pint of Guinness on Irish soil.
The water pressure in the shower wasn't the greatest and the bathroom sink had a slow drain, but other than that, we had a good stay.

• Stayed September 2012
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in a lot of hotels in Dublin in the past and this hotel has the best customer service of any hotel I have been in Dublin. Reception and bar staff the friendliest I have come across in a long time. Hotel is a bit dated and rooms could be better but the food and the ambience within the hotel more than makes up for it. Will stay in this hotel again

• Stayed September 2012
Chester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

It's quite eerie finding everything in a hotel from menu to soap labelled with another hotel name ie Berkeley Court. But this hotel - now known as Clyde Court - is probably Dublin's best kept secret. We watched Katie Taylor winning Ireland's only gold medal and how happy we were that the schizophrenic approach adopted by our new Irish friends kept the mood cheerful. The food in the restaurant however was lovely and the staff so inclusive that even we English felt welcome.

Room Tip: If you like to wake up to a view of the Lansdowne Road Rugby Stadium, with the sun glinting on the n...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Traveling with an affinity group from the U.S., I stayed at the Clyde Court for several nights in late August and early September 2012. The days were both exciting and challenging because, over the same weekend, the 2012 Navy-Notre Dame football game was scheduled at nearby Aviva Stadium. Despite the flood of American fans in and around the hotel, the staff kept its good humor and attended to even small requests. The room itself was comfortable and clean, and the bed was especially good. I particularly availed myself of the bar menu, which provided tasty, reasonably priced fare until late at night. Located in the leafy zone known as "Dublin 4," the hotel is a little removed from the city center, but the distance is easily covered by a 15-min walk or brief cab ride.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times - inlcuding during its former life as The Berkeley Court, I love the location.
I had booked with a third party as a last minute deal, for three nights, but was unable to arrive on Friday and advised the third party accordingly. On arrival, after a long train journey, reception were having a problem finding my booking, I started to get anxious, but no "not to worry it will be fine" would you like to take a seat and have a cup of tea while we sort it out" - Tea - lovely, no problem, tea arrived promptly with biscuit:) heaven after a long journey, and in no time booking sorted and in my room. Lovely girls on reception, yes parking is extra and staff knocked on our door at 8.00 am to clean the room - twice - but overall a great experience, lovely comfortable bed, clean and bottled water provided in room. Much appreciated.

All in all I was impressed with the customer service and will without doubt return.

Room Tip: was on fourth floor - room quiet and very comfortable
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple