“I'll never know” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #69 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“I'll never know”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

The Berkely Court may well be the best hotel in Ireland, but alas I'll never know. Despite booking the hotel on 9th April and receiving a confirmation email by return, they phoned on 21st of April to say that "the website" had overbooked and they were moving me to a hotel 8.5km away. Totally useless customer service followed and I still await confirmation from the alternative hotel. This would be bad if it was just me, you know like a one-off. I know of at least 30 other people in exactly the same position. We had all booked this hotel and it's sister hotel D4 for their convenience to the Aviva Stadium and now find ourselves maybe booked into a hotel on an industrial estate, 5 miles away. Oh, and "the website" are adamant that responsibility for this lies with the hotel and no-one else. So it might be fantastic, wonderful, tremendous - trouble is, they can't even deal fairly with people who want to book a room there so I won't be staying, ever. Neither will at least 30 other people I know. And I hope you won't. Shameful way to treat people.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank BillyM32
TulaneManagement, General Manager at Clyde Court Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I'm disappointed that you did not get to experience our hotel and I'm sorry about the situation that occured. I would be grateful if you could email me your contact details to dmccann@berkeleycourthotel.com so we can discuss further.

Kindest Regards,
Berkeley Court Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Greek first
Wexford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Recently stayed in the Berkeley Court Hotel for a couple of nights. The room was a Junior suite and i found the room very nice and spacious. My only constructive criticism is that the TV is placed in a cabinet and once the doors were open you would have to be directly in front of the TV to see it! The cabinet would be too heavy to move! A suggestion to maybe take the doors off? Although might take the look off the cabinet!! Another small thing was the curtains! , they didn't quiet cover all of the windows. When I stay at hotels, the one thing I look forward to are the 'black out' curtains' however wasn't a major issue.

I found the staff at the hotel very friendly and accommodating and no ask was a big deal.
I would recommend this hotel and look forward to going back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank miss_lisamarie
Thanks for taking the time to write this review and I have noted your points. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards
Davenport, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

The Berkeley was our first stop in our driving tour of Ireland. Got off to a great start because our room was ready early...9 a.m.! and we were able to rest up from our night flight. The accommodations were fine, the staff was very helpful...went out of their way to help me set up the charging process for my laptop. We also finished up our touring at the Berkeley 10 days later.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PatM52807
TulaneManagement, General Manager at Clyde Court Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thanks for much for taking the time to write this review - it's much appreciated. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you will stay with us again if you return to Ireland for a visit.

Kindest regards
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

This hotel was nice, it looks average from the outside, and there was a bit of an 'old' smell around, but once you got used to it it was ok. The rooms were nice and big and the shower was great. Staff were helpful. The breakfast was good, but the scrambled eggs were rather tasteless.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Montreal_Aussie
Thanks for writing this review and I have noted your point on the breakfast and will pass it on to the kitchen. I hope if you ever return to Dublin that you will visit us again.

Kind regards
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

Stayed here for the Italy V Ireland match. Rooms were fine bit dated and dusty. Could do with dust and paint. Price was cheap for the night 50pp for the night. Taxi into the town is cheap 12euro for four people. Ate in t.he restaurant after the match and it was fab. Great choice on the menu and service was quick. Food was great value. Good atmosphere in the bar afterwards you could have the banter with people. Car park on site aswel 10euro to leave the car there as long as you want. Hotel is close to the DART and RDS aswel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TulaneManagement, General Manager at Clyde Court Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

I was attending a function at the Hotel, me and a few friends were in our room having a few drinks and the manager( a woman ) knocked on the door then stormed into our room and told us to go downstairs due to the fact she had a noise complaint. The complaint was totally acceptable and I apologized profusely for it, but the manner in which she spoke to me and dealt with the manner was truly unacceptable, I personally work in the hospitality industry and if I or any of the staff I manage and work with had spoke to a customer the way she spoke to us, they would be out the door. It truly was a horrific experience dealing with her. The Hotel and Room were very nice and I have stayed on many occasions before but this truly was one of the worst customer service I've ever had. I would recommend staying here and will definitely be back, but hopefully they will do some staff training or customer relation skill workshops.

Room Tip: I got a Suite and was very nice, but bathroom could be bigger but was worth the extra money :)
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank JohnC1689
Thank you for your feedback and I'm disappointed that you had this experience. I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in person. I would be grateful if you could email me your contact details to dmccann@berkeleycourthotel.com.

Kindest Regards
Bristol, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights over St. Patrick's Day weekend and were very happy with our room. It was clean & spacious and the beds were very comfortable; only thing we weren't crazy about was the weird spotty water pressure in the shower, but that is to be expected in a hotel. It was a close 10-15 minute walk to all the major visitor spots in Dublin. The breakfast was very good & fresh, full Irish if that's what you desire and a wide variety of yogurt, fresh fruit, oatmeal & cereals if you want something lighter. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rachelmhanson
Thanks for taking the time to write this review and I'm delighted that you liked your room and found the breakfast delicious.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.