“Good Lebanese Food”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Very convenient location to the Portobello Hotel. Good food, good service, nice atmosphere. I recommend it!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

As a halal establishment, Rotana Cafe is DRY, yet diners are welcome to bring their own bottle of wine (beers are welcome, too).

As for the food - truly top-notch.

We tried the following dishes:

Starter: Potato Harah (spicy potatoes); Chicken Strips
Main: Chicken Sharwarma; Doner Kebab
Dessert: Mix Baklawa (4 small baklava sweets per dish)

The main meals and desserts in particular were mouth-watering, generous in portion size, and truly delicious. Since this type of food can be enjoyed both warm or cold, it made for a lovely evening picking leisurely at this meal, until it was sadly all gone.

Service was decent - staff accepted my email reservation several weeks prior to our dining date, when we were still in England.

By Dublin standards, the whole meal was reasonably priced, though certainly not 'cheap'.

An excellent little establishment - booking recommended, due to the popularity of Rotana Cafe, and its small size.

1  Thank J K
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I came here for a hen night dinner. Staff were great and attentive considering especially because we were such a big crowd(and probably very noisey) The food was lovely adn authentic.

1  Thank Gwendilater
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Virtually empty when we arrived on Saturday evening at 7:30 which was a little surprising. Waitress was friendly and food was good; our group shared a mezze as a starter which worked well. The keenly priced fare is also helped by being BYO.

1  Thank mmcgrath
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Who: Group
When: Friday Night

I wasn't sure what to expect from Lebanese food but to me, it reminded me of kebabs you would get on holidays. I am not sure whether that is a fair representation of Lebanese food or whether it is just the restaurant. The food wouldn't be particularly to my taste but it was nice to try something different. The food was slightly on the bland side.

On the plus side, the staff are friendly and it is BYOB. We arrived early and were a table of 6 and after we had our food, we were kindly left to sit and finish our drinks over quite some time rather than being pushed out the door.

1  Thank Michael B