Abigails Hostel
Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$280
$233
$192
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$261
Hampton Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$141
$137
Travelocity
All reviewsboiled eggsbed female dormcommon roomtemple baryogurtgreat locationbed roomfree breakfastprivate bathroomyour luggageliffey rivercommon areasquiet at nightwi fitrinity collegestayed here for nightsbus stop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Aside from being down with the flu for the duration of my stay (hardly Abigails' fault) I had a much more pleasant time than I expected! With hostels one generally gets what one pays for, but in this case, Abigails is a cut above the rest for an unexpectedly low rate. The staff is marvellous--very helpful, friendly, knowledgeable, and approachable. The rooms themselves are nothing special, but they are clean and the usual guests in the hostel tend to be of a very respectable calibre. The television they have is good-quality and they have an excellent selection of movies for anyone caring to lounge around (really? You're in Dublin.). The location is easy to get to and very central--Aston Quay is within walking distance of Grafton Street, McConnell Street, Trinity College, all the cathedrals... and most importantly, the Guinness storehouse, the Jameson factory, and more pubs than you will EVER find time to visit. If you go to Dublin looking for a hostel, look no further--I did my research before staying (and I am better at research than most people you know, nearly guaranteed :D) and I failed to find anything bad about it. I also failed to experience anything bad. Even their kitchen is well-kept and the breakfast is more than adequate. What a deal!

Room Tip: Higher floors tend to be quieter; smaller rooms will be easier to sleep in due to lack of traffic. Just common sense.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank WestonBrown
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Abigail's hostel provided a fantastic Dublin experience. The location cannot be beat: it is situated on the River Liffey and just on the edge of the lively Temple Bar area of Dublin. With easy access to the shopping and bar scene in the area, the location of the hostel could not be beaten. It did get a little loud in the at night, however. The staff were excellent, pointing us to numerous tours and attractions that turned out to be excellent as well. If I were going back to Dublin on a budget, I would certainly book at Abigail's again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan K
Reviewed July 19, 2012

As a senior traveler who has never been in a hostel I did not know what to expect when I booked Abigail's. I was very pleasantly surprised because I reckoned for the money it might be a tad, shall we say, iffy? I was very wrong! The location is one of its selling points along with the courteous young staff who could not have been nicer to me in spite of my gazillion questions. Not the least luxurious but quite adequate and sharing a dorm room with 5 young women from around the globe proved to be quite nice. Free wi-Fi and a pleasant community room made planning for remainder of trip easy. The money saved went into the really informative and easy Hop On Hop Off Tours of the City, and a great trip outh to Howth. I repeat myself here: location is great! I shall consider Abigail's again--especially when I bring along family. A family of girls and their moms and aunts celebrated a birthday in the community room and passed around leftover cake to the rest of us!

Room Tip: Just book earlier if you want a semi-private or private room...I was on 3rd floor and the view was stunning: right over the River Liffey and the O'Connell Bridge.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Ann L
Reviewed July 19, 2012

During our wonderful holiday through the North of Ireland with our kids we really enjoy our stay at Abigails. Everything was perfect - our welcome - our stay - the staff and finally the location nearby the Temple Bar. We will come back and stay here again. Thanks from germany Thomas & Manu

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed July 19, 2012

was in a six bed dorm with a bathroom, (i think its a converted hotel) for only 13 euros a night. Which, considering the location, was amazing value. Staff were ya typically Irish, superfriendly!!! great kitchen facilities, very safe, location amazing (again). not much of a social vibe so wouldnt be great for solo travellers looking to meet people however they are attached to a pub crawl with people from other hostels and me and my friends met plenty of people by doing this. Lockers would be nice in the rooms but.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends