“Average buffet” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Average buffet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

Fortunately we had a guests 2 for 1 voucher. For this price it was ok but not really the best for the full amount. As any buffet it depends on when you go up to whether the food is hot. I do like my food very hot. There needs to be more sweet options. Ok for a good fill up.

Visited January 2012

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,003 helpful votes
“Awful. Absolutely deadful food....save your money.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

The first impressions held such promise as the restaurant is quite nice. But unfortunately this is about all that was good.

The hot and sour soup was disgusting. I am not joking when I say it had the consistancy of wall paper paste. One spoonful and that was all I could manage and I love hot and sour soup. Dry, cold, tackey spring rolls.

The mains were no better. The sweet and sour was tasteless with an overdose of sweetner and little else. The black bean beef was thick and gooey. The Singapore noodles should have had pork, chicken, shrimp, veg, etc. It did not have a single ingredient except for the noodles ... that was it!The chicken satay actually had no satay sauce!!

A lazy and disgusting tasting dessert selection. The fruit salad was tinned and the cakes synthetic muck.

What on earth is the chef and management doing here? I really have to ask if he has had any training at all as this was the worst Chinese we have ever eaten. Have they bothered to taste what they prepare? There was absolutely no finesse or cooking skill in what was offered. I have been around China and to be fair can't expect the same standard in the West. But this was totally incompetant . I have had great Chinese food not 200 metres from this restaurant. The manager and chef should take a walk and see how it should be done.

We left 85% of what we took from the buffet and the 15% we ate was memorable for all the wrong reasons.

There was a woman floating around trying to look impoprtant, without success, and surely she saw the appalling offerings on offer? I doubt if she would think of offering this to any of her Chinese guests.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Harleyclarkey
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“restaurant has no clue about customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

Had a coupon for this place that was out by a few days and they would not honour it... think that is pretty poor in these times where you want to secure a customer base... Have not heard good reports about this place so maybe it is just as well I didn't get to go there...

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank TONY F
Belturbet, Ireland
“So disappointed with attitude and service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

We have stayed in this hotel on numerous occasions and love it for the location.

My husband and I were in Dublin for a few days and on this occasion stayed with family but we decided to go out for a meal in The Abcus Resturant as we always loved the food!

I called the hotel at lunchtime and booked a table for both of us for 8 pm. When we arrived at hotel on Friday night it was very very busy, we made our way to the Resturant and were greeted by a very rude girl under pressure who informed us that our name wasn't on the list for a reservation! While we could see the girl in question was under pressure there was no need for her rudeness or attitude towards us a all. Needless to say we were not impressed and she informed us that we could wait if we wish but it could be a long time.
We decided to mention this at reception and mention this to duty manager and the receptionist informed us that DM was very busy, said sorry about that and more or less laughed at us.

They also haven't updated their menu on the website as its now a buffet they are serving and apparently have been for the past 6-8 weeks !!!!
Their attitude to us wasnt on at all and we will certainly not be returning here and we stayed here 3 or 4 times a year.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank csjIreland
dublin ireland
“not a good choice ,of food staff ,not friendly,wont be going again...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

i like chicken curry ,, none available,,,,,,,,,,very limited choice

• Visited October 2011