Tripadvisor
Dublin
Post
Inbox
Search

“Authentic feel in the middle of Temple Bar”

The Quays Irish Restaurant
Ranked #165 of 3,349 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Traditional Irish Restaurant in the heart of Temple Bar, Dublin. Serving delicious homemade stews and soups
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I emailed to see if I could book a table and had a prompt reply. Advise booking as the turnaround on tables was non-stop. Our table wasn’t quite ready on arrival so we went to the bar and the server was really friendly. He seemed to be serving drinks at the bar and for the tables all night by himself but was so efficient you never waited. We ordered Guinness stew with mashed potato. It was amazing! Really big portion, really hot and wholesome. There was too much chopped parsley thrown on everything for my liking but that’s my personal preference. Staff were really friendly, didn’t wait, would recommend. Other reviews said they enjoyed going downstairs to see the love music, we tried but couldn’t even see the bar. It was busy in all of the bars though.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (3,657)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great Live Music & Loads of Fun! Took my wife for a fun night in Dublin. She really enjoyed the live music, the crowd, and overall vibe.

Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

We couldn't eat all of our main course, as there was simply too much. It was hot and delicious. The restaurant was full and we were lucky to get a table quickly. Well worth a visit

Reviewed January 3, 2020

Visited here after a girl was stood outside giving out leaflets. I presumed this was because they were quiet and they needed the customers. This definitely wasn’t the case so the person giving out menus needs to be made redundant it seems. After a skim over the menu and it’s central location we decided to try it out later that night. We went upstairs to the restaurant where it was absolutely rammed. We were told it was a 10 minute wait for a table which wasn’t too bad. The food arrived quickly however It was so cramped and rowdy it was hard to enjoy my food with such limited table space and large portions. Overall quality of food was great however with the cream of vegetable soup being Devine! The prices were okay but I’d rather spend more and actually have a nice relaxing meal in the heart of Dublin. It seemed a little like overpriced pub grub given the atmosphere and cramped conditions of the place. Wouldn’t visit here again if returning to the city unless it was quiet which seems highly unlikely. I’m sure there’s much nicer places with similar prices.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

Went New Years day, the place was absolutely packed, still were seated quickly, had an amazing meal and they even let us take drinks downstairs to the bar with live music!!