“Disappointed”

Cuisines: European, French, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Awarded "Best Restaurant in Dublin" in the Irish Restaurant Awards 2014. Located just off Fitzwilliam Square in the heart of Georgian Dublin, the award winning Dax Restaurant is one of Ireland's premier places to dine. The Dax menu uses only the freshest seasonal Irish and continental produce. Our commitment to healthy fine dining is experienced in an informal and relaxed atmosphere. Dax is the perfect location for social or business dining.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have been in Dax before and always regard it as a treat beause the food is generally good, but I just don't know what went wrong this time. FIrstly we were seated too close to the table behind, so the waiter or clients from the other table kept accidentally bumping us, and secondly, well, the food was just not that good - not for the expectations that come with Dax's reputation and price tag.

The goats cheese salad just didn't taste of anything - the cheese was more like softened Philadelphia and not at all what I expected, my friend's foie gras was similarly a little plain and overpowered by the strongly flavoured brioche, and the mains, well, good - as they should be for this category of restaurant - but just nothing spectacular. We left a little underwhelmed.

2  Thank senti2comun

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went to DAX restaurant last nite with my wife hoping for a fabulous dining experience and was not disappointed. Having seen some pictures of the restaurant on the net they do not do the place justice! Lovely warm and private atmosphere with charm all round. Quality of the food was the best we have had in years. We both had the rabbit for starters and for main the hake and duck with a fabulous cheese plate to finish! Also a fantastic selection of wine.

1  Thank Beaver1976
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have always wanted to go here but I just kept forgetting about it when booking an evening out. Why!!! God why!! Great service, lovely atmosphere, brilliant wine list and the food!!!!!! Oh my god the food...... all I can say is spiritual. This is a real foodie spot. They do not disappoint and although they don't pile the table with veg options, what they do provide is sublime. For what you are getting it is reasonable price wise and it's just a lovely place to dine. I cannot wait to go back!!

2  Thank don j
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I ate at Dax quite recently with my husband and some friends and had a thoroughly lovely meal and an overall great experience.
The waiters were great, really professional and nice but fun too which is lovely on a wet cold Friday evening!
I had the prawns and a tortilla and the others had a platter of cured meats and bread a dips to share. The prawns were so good that I actually orderd them a second time in place of dessert!.
We had the house red wine too which was delicious and really worked well with the food.
Wouldn't hesitate to go back again.

1  Thank Ursula R
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had been wanting to try Dax for a while after reading really good reviews. So I was delighted to get the opportunity in January and it didnt disappoint. Friendly and helpful staff. Great menu choice and lovely wine. I tried the pheasant (first time) and it was fabulous. Definitely a treat but well worth it.

1  Thank Aquachic18
DCM1982, Public Relations Manager at Dax Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

From Olivier Meisonnave, Dax Restaurant; merci pour votre commentaire! Delighted that you enjoyed your treat; please return soon!